Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9, Auto Fallback
Model 7124 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch, with Contact Closure Remote Port
Automatic fallback based on loss of data on port "A".
Data activity "Watch Dog" switch keeps data flowing.
Double the data throughput reliability through Auto-Fallback redundancy!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) DB9 female connectors labeled A and B, (1) DB9 male connector labeled COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position, mode and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure switch commands for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" W. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lb. (2.0 kg).
DB9 A/B AUTOMATIC FALLBACK APPLICATION w/CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the DB9 male COMMON port with access to two devices connected to two DB9 female ports, "A" and "B", respectively. Port "A" is monitored for data activity. On loss of data activity on Port "A", unit automatically switches to Port "B". A DB9 female REMOTE port accepts Contact Closure signaling for Remote Operation or to override Automatic Fallback operation.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB9 interface devices from one COMMON DB9 interface device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Ideal for automatic fallback applications based on Port "A" data activity.
- Automatic Fallback Mode operates based on data monitoring of pin 3 of the "A" port and automatic switching occurs after 3 seconds of data loss.
- Auto-switch logic: If activity on Port "A", stay on Port "A"; if data activity is lost from Port "A", switch to Port "B".
- Remote control port allows control of the switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status via Contact Closure signaling.
- Front panel LED's display switch position, and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7124 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback switch with Contact Closure Remote Port allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports with remote control access functionality.
Remote Control access can be accomplished through the Contact Closure Remote port. The Model 7124 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
When in Automatic Fallback Mode, the unit monitors data activity on the Port "A". If activity is lost, the unit switches to Port "B". The Model 7124 will maintain its connection to Port "B" until data activity is detected on Port "A", at which time the unit will automatically return to the "A" position. If no data is present on either Port "A" or Port "B", the unit will stay in the "B" position and continue to monitor for data. The user can override Automatic Fallback operation from the front panel or from the Remote port and force the unit to operate as an A/B Switch.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7124 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Custom length cables are available for quick delivery!
Suggested cables for use with Model 7124 Switch:
Part Number Description
990125-005 DB9 M/F, 9-Conductor, Unshielded PVC Cable, 5 FT
990125-010 DB9 M/F, 9-Conductor, Unshielded PVC Cable, 10 FT
990126-005 DB9 M/M, 9-Conductor, Unshielded PVC Cable, 5 FT
990126-010 DB9 M/M, 9-Conductor, Unshielded PVC Cable, 10 FT
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.