Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 4428 DB9 A/B Data Switch with Serial Remote Control
Switch ANY DB9 interface device to share or backup.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB9 (F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 Female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data at standard baud rates from 300 to 19200 for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop 8.15" W x 2.38" H x 7.27" D (20.8 x 6.1 x 18.5 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.7 lbs (0.8 Kg)
APPLICABLE TO ANY DB9 INTERFACE DEVICE TO SHARE OR BACKUP:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the DB9 COMMON port sharing between two devices connected to the DB9 A and B ports, respectively. The DB9 REMOTE port accepts ASCII RS232 Serial data so the user can control and monitor the switch remotely. The Remote port features Autobaud Detection Mode (standard from 300 to 19200)
- Allows access to two DB9 devices from one COMMON DB9 device.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- The REMOTE port accepts RS232 Serial Data ASCII commands that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- The REMOTE port features Autobaud Detection Mode that supports standard baud rates from 300 to 19200.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
- For a dual channel version of this switch, see Model 4429, Cat No 304429.
The PathWay® Model 4428 Single Channel DB9 A/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 4428 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 female serial interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The Remote port features an Autobaud Detection Mode that can be used to select standard baud rates from 300 to 19200. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Don't forget to order your DB9 Cables!
|Custom Length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
State cable length (in Feet) when ordering.
|| DB9 F/F, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
|| DB9 M/F, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
|| DB9 M/M, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.