Path Way® Model 7196 BNC/VIDEO/DVR 75 Ohm 6-1 AutoScan Security Monitor Switch with USB Serial Remote
Connects Multiple Channel Video Recorders (DVR's) to One Multi-Image Monitor at the Facility Security Command Center.
Automatically Sequences live image from all Video Monitors distributed throughout building and / or areas.
Ideal Applications: Security Monitoring Systems for Schools, Shopping Centers, Hospitals, Sports Complexes, Etc.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (7) BNC female coaxial connectors are labeled 1,2,3,4,5,6 and COM.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) USB Type-B female connector labeled REMOTE accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (7) Pushbuttons labeled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and SCAN.
- FRONT PANEL LED DISPLAY: (6) Red LED's display switch position and power status. (1) Yellow LED indicates scan mode.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.15"W x 2.38" H x 7.27" D.
- (20.8 x 6.1 x 18.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.1 lbs (1.0 kg)
Model 7196 BNC/VIDEO/DVR AutoScan Switch Application w/USB Remote:
The drawing illustrates a REMOTE Monitor, displaying a Video Matrix Display, connected to the BNC COMMON port with access to six Multiple Channel DVR's connected to the BNC ports labeled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Each of the six ports are connected to a Multiple Channel DVR, which in turn is connected to 16 CCTV cameras. The camera views can be seen on the REMOTE monitor as a Video Matrix Display. The Remote USB-B port is connected to a laptop, so the user can control the AutoScan Switch with RS232 ASCII commands.
- The COM port allows access to six multiple channel DVR/Camera networks from one laptop computer.
- Both the Center and Shell of the BNC interface are switched.
- All BNC ports are impedance matched to support 75 Ohm equipment.
- Front panel pushbutton controls.
- Remote USB ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, toggle scan mode, configure the scan for excluding ports, change scan interval, set default power up/down position, and obtain switch status.
- Scan mode allows automatic switching of positions at a set time interval.
- The unit can be configured to maintain last set position on power loss and continue to pass data or to switch to a default power down position and continue to pass data.
- On power up, the unit can be configured to maintain its position, to restore the position before the power down default, or to switch to a default power up position.
- Custom length BNC cables available for your switch installation.
- Field-Proven in video surveillance security monitor Applications.
The PathWay® Model 7196 BNC/VIDEO/DVR 75 Ohm 6-1 AutoScan Switch with USB Serial Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single BNC interface device, connected to the Common port, among six other devices connected to the 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 ports. The Model 7196 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from a USB Serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position states may be attained via the front panel LED display or the Remote USB Serial port located on the rear of the unit. The switch also can be operated by using the Scan feature for automatic switching to enabled ports at a set interval. For more detail, request an operation manual.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Check out suggested cables for use with the Model 7196 Switch.
|Suggested cables for use with Model 7196 Switch
BNC Coaxial Cable, 75 ohm, 6ft. (M/M)
BNC Coaxial Cable, 75 ohm, 10ft. (M/M)
BNC Coaxial Cable, 75 Ohm, (M/M) Custom Length
Custom length BNC Coaxial cables available for your switch installation.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.