Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7193 Single Channel DB9 8-to-1 Switch with Telnet and GUI
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) DB9 female connectors labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (8) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet, Telnet and Graphical User Interface.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.0" D. (48.2 x 4.4 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.2 lbs. (2.8 kg)
PathWay Model 7193 DB9 8-to-1 Application with Telnet Command and a GUI Remote:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the DB9 COMMON port with access to eight DB9 interface devices connected to the DB9 ports A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. The COMMON Device has access to one Device at a time.The RJ45 Remote port is 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet for Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface for remote operation.
- Allows quick connection to any one of eight DB9 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All 9 pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100-Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface or Graphical User Interface that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Attractive black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7193 Single Channel DB9 8 to 1 Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among eight other devices connected to the ports labeled A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100BASE-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface (GUI). The Model 7193 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7193 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: Model 7193 GUI in a standard Web Browser
* Graphical User Interface
- Select a position:
- Select Position "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G", and "H".
- Lock and unlock front panel pushbutton control.
- Query switch status, firmware version number, serial number.
- GUI is alerted to changes made by front panel pushbutton
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7193 DB9 Eight to One Switch System.
- Users can change the login password and/or the switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G", or "H" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons.See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Change the switch position and lockout front-panel operation using the Main Panel of the Graphical User Interface.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the current position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside the GUI, such as by a pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. The GUI will report the source of the most recent change in the bottom left of the panel. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: The Graphical User Interface is alerted to changes in the unit status including a change made by a front panel pushbutton.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.