QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6302 Dual Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI
IP Addressable For Critical Network Alternate-Path Switching
An Essential Tool for Centrally Operated Network Management Systems
- FIBER SIZE & WAVELENGTH: 50/125 micron, wavelength 850 nm.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) LC duplex female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of two channels.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- Both channels switch simultaneously.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's display switch position, power status.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) RJ45 (F) connector accepts 10/100 BASE-T LAN Ethernet uses both TELNET commands and a GUI interface for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg).
DUAL CHANNEL LC DUPLEX APPLICATION WITH TELNET AND GUI:
The drawing illustrates for each channel, a device connected to the LC Duplex COMMON port sharing between two networks connected to the LC Duplex A and B ports. Channel 1 and Channel 2 are switched simultaneously. The RJ45 Remote port allows either Telnet commands or Remote GUI software for Remote Control Operation. The REMOTE is password protected.
- Each of two channels allows quick connection to any one of two LC Duplex fiber optic networks from one computer.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Both channels switch simultaneously.
- All fiber ports are LC duplex, multimode, 50/125 micron and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Control of switch position from a 10/100 Base-T Ethernet environment. IP Addressable!
- Remote Control Telnet command interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front-panel operations and obtain switch position.
- Front-panel LED's display present switch position and power status.
- Remote Control of switch is password protected.
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, unit maintains its position and continues to pass data.
The QuickSwitch® 6302 2-Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port LC Duplex interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports for each channel. Both channels are switched simultaneously. Remote access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and Telnet or GUI.
Proper authentification is required for remote access via the 10/100Base-T connection. Users can then monitor status, lockout front panel pushbutton control, and control switch position.
The QuickSwitch® 6302 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER-FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the QuickSwitch® 6302 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in Standard Web Browser
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the QuickSwitch® Model 6302.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected.
- Users can change the switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control the unit via Telnet or Graphical User Interface, if user network is configured accordingly.
Figure 2: Main log-in screen for the QuickSwitch® 6302
LOGGING into the Remote-Control GUI
- Once logged in, the user can perform one of several actions:
- Change the switch position.
- Lockout control of the switch's front panel
- Obtain switch status
- Change the login password
- Re-configure the switch's IP address
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button for A or B, as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Change switch position and lockout front panel from the Model 6302 Remote Management Console.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.