QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6287 All-Optic Fiber A/B Switch Multimode SC Duplex 62.5 Micron with Remote 10/100 Base-T LAN Access
10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet IP Addressable Switch!
Applicable to mission critical networks requiring secure and reliable switching.
- PORT CONNECTORS: A, B, and COMMON are Fiber Optic Multimode SC duplex.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton control, front panel allows local switching.
- REMOTE PORT: RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 BASE-T LAN access Ethernet for Remote Control.
- POWER: Wide Range Power Module (Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C1 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DISPLAY: (2) Tri-State front panel LEDs' indicate switch position, status, and power.
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nm. FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 2.0 " H x 7.75 " W x 7.25 " D (19.7 x 5.1 x 17.8)
- WEIGHT: 1.7 lbs. (0.8 kg)
QuickSwitch® 6287 Fiber Optic Multimode SC Duplex Network Application:
Fiber Optic Network A/B SC Duplex Gigabit switch, IP addressable, 10/100 Base-T Lan Ethernet Remote (RJ45 Remote).
The drawing illustrates a Fiber Optic Network connected to the Multimode SC Duplex COMMON port with access to two other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the Multimode SC Duplex A and B ports. The RJ45 Remote Control Port accepts 10/100 Base-LAN Ethernet for Remote Operation of the switch.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- When power is lost, switch will default to the A position (prime) and continue to pass data.
- When power is restored, the unit remains in the A position.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP Addressable.
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface that allows the user to control the switch position, lockout the front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All fiber optic ports are SC Duplex, Multimode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Customer length, rigorously tested and certified, SC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product on GSA Schedule!
The QuickSwitch® 6287 Fiber Optic Multimode SC Duplex AB Switch with Telnet allows a device connected to the COM port access to the A or B port. The QuickSwitch® 6287 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the RJ45 Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The RJ45 Remote port provides control through Telnet Commands and allows the user to both control and monitor the switch position remotely. The front panel LED display indicates the position and the unit's power status.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.