Model 4481 Remotely Controllable DB25 RS232 8-Way Switch
Outstanding DB25 Interface Switching Capability in Only 1U Height!
Remote Control via signaling detected at the DB25 COMMON Port
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: No local control.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED’s display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: Remote control from a device directly connected to the COMMON port or distant device via modem.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit.
- Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0” W x 1.75” H x 10” D. (48.2 x 4.4 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.3 lbs. (2.9 kg).
PathWay® Model 4481 Remotely Controllable DB25 RS232 8-Way Switch Application with Exclusive Remote Control:
The drawing illustrates a DB25 COMMON port & a COMMON Device connected to the DB25 COMMON port. Exclusively control the unit from the device connected to the COMMON port via Remote ASCII Code Commands.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Pins 1- 8, and 20 are supported of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Switch maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Exclusive Remote Control. No front panel control.
- Selectable Trigger Character allows the operation to choose a unique trigger character to establish communications.
- Remote Control from a device directly connected to the COMMON port.
- Remote ASCII CODE Commands that allow the user to control switch position and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 data cables for this switch are available.
The PathWay® Model 4481 Remotely Controllable DB25 RS232 8-Way Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the “COMMON” port among eight other devices connected to the “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”, “F”, “G” and “H” ports. The Model 4481 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled remotely from a device connected to the DB25 Female COMMON port located on the rear of the unit via Selectable Trigger Characters or a distant device via modem connection. Switch position states may be attained locally via the front panel LED display or remotely using ASCII Code Protocol.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.