QuickSwitch® 6275 ST Duplex Fiber Optic 8-Position Switch with OFFLINE Position and Remote Serial Control
**WEB SPECIAL: RECEIVE 15% OFF WITH PROMO CODE "0819-ESL" AT THE TIME OF QUOTATION**
An all fiber switch providing extra security and electrical isolation, important for military mission control applications.
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 Micron
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) Fiber Optic ST duplex connectors labeled 1 thru 8 and COMMON.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) connector accepts RS232 serial data commands.
- CONTROLS: (8) Front panel pushbuttons allow selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (8) Red LED's indicate switch position and power presence.
- KEYLOCK: (1) Key operated front panel switch allows lockout of front panel pushbutton controls.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the Model 6275. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 12.77" D (48.3 x 8.9 x 32.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 8.7 lbs. (4.0 kg)
8-POSITION FIBER OPTIC ST DUPLEX APPLICATION, FRONT PANEL KEYLOCK, OFFLINE POSITION, RS232 REMOTE:
The Application drawing illustrates a ST Duplex COMMON port with access to any one of eight ST Duplex Fiber Optic ports connectors. The COMMON Device has access to one Device at a time. There is a front panel keylock to allow or inhibit front panel pushbuttons. The Offline position is a valid state to preserve data isolation. The DB9 Remote port allows RS232 ASCII Serial Commands to remotely Control the unit.
- Model 6275 is an example of a fiber optic switch with an internal OFF-LINE position and a keylock to lock out the front panel controls.
- One ST duplex fiber optic port is able to access any one of eight ST duplex ports.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data or can be remotely controlled to revert to Offline position on power loss.
- An Offline position is a valid state to preserve network data isolation.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Front panel keylock inhibits or permits pushbutton control.
- When the front panel pushbuttons are inhibited via the keylock, only Remote commands are available.
- When the front panel pushbuttons are permitted via the keylock, both pushbutton control and the Remote commands are available.
- Remote RS232 commands allow user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, configure unit to revert to the Offline position in the event of a power loss, or maintain position on power down.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- All 1 thru 8, and COM ports are ST Duplex, Multi-mode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1300nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
The QuickSwitch® 6275 ST Duplex Fiber Optic 8-Position Switch allows user to switch one COMMON port to any one of eight ST Duplex ports, with Remote access functionality. The QuickSwitch® 6275 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled locally via front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 female Serial Interface Remote port.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
To read the article, either click the "Application Note" Icon at the top of page on the right, or click this link: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Webpage.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Online Form:
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.