QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6256 Tri-Channel SC Duplex Fiber Optic A/B/OFFLINE Switch with Contact Closure Remote
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) SC Duplex Fiber Optic connectors on rear panel (A group of (3) labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of the 3 channels.)
- FIBER: 50/125 micron, 850 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (3) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (6) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 1.75" H x 10" D. (48.3 x 4.9 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)
QuickSwitch® Model 6256 Tri-Channel SC Duplex A/B/OFFLINE Switch with Contact Closure Remote
The application drawing illustrates three independent channels or A/B/OFFLINE Switching. Each channel has an SC Duplex COMMON port with access to Device 1, Device 2 or an OFFLINE position. The DB9 Remote port allows the user to control the unit via Contact Closure Commands.
- Each of three channels allows quick connection to any one of two SC Duplex devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and supports Gigabit data rates.
- When power is lost, all channels revert to the Offline position.
- When power is restored, all channels remain in the Offline position until commanded otherwise.
- “OFFLINE” switch position stops any, and all data throughput for the unit.
- Local control via front-panel pushbuttons.
- Individual control of each channel.
- The Remote port accepts dry contact closure commands for switch position.
- Front panel LED’s display switch position and power status.
- All fiber ports are SC duplex, multimode 50/125 micron and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, SC duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® 6256 Tri-Channel SC Duplex A/B/Offline fiber optic network switch with Contact Control Remote allows a device connected to the COM port access to the A or B port for each of its three channels. Alternatively, the unit can be switched to its OFFLINE position and totally isolate connection to the A and B ports. The QuickSwitch® 6256 fits in a standard 19" rack, taking 1U of rack space. The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED's.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.