Cat5 Remotely Controllable (COS) Code Operated Switch, RJ45
Path Way® Model 4527 Cat5 Single Channel RJ45 Cat5 A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows for local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for remote control operation.
- POWER: 24 VDC must be supplied to the unit. It has a 2-pin Input Power jack on its rear panel.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 8.15" W x 7.27" D x 2.38" H. (20.8 X 18.5 X 6.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.7 lbs. (0.8 Kg)
CAT5 CODE OPERATED SWITCH APPLICATION WITH CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE: The diagram illustrates a workstation connected to the Cat5 RJ45 COMMON port accessing two networks connected to the Cat5 RJ45 A and B ports. A Contact closure device is connected to the DB9 REMOTE port for Remote operation via Contact Closure switch commands.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Contact Closure Control provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, the unit will switch based on Remote contact closure state.
- Requires customer supplied 24 VDC to its Power Input connector.
- Power input mating connector kit supplied with the unit.
- Certified for Cat 5 Compliance.
- Municipalities, schools, government: On GSA Schedule!
- Certified Cat 5e patchcords are available for this switch. See Accessories tab!
The Model 4527 Single Channel RJ45 Cat5 A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 4527 is packaged in s slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Remote Control port located on the rear of the unit. The DB9 Remote port provides contact closure control. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
Custom length Cat 5e cables available in various colors.