Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5
Model 7006 Remotely Controllable RJ45 Cat5 A/B/Offline Switch Modules with RS232 Remote Port
- 10/100 Base-T, CAT5 Compliant, Modular Expandable System!
- Absolutely NO data passes through the switch when in OFFLINE position!
- The ulitmate FIREWALL!
SPECIFICATIONS: EACH MODEL 7006 SWITCH MODULE
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton on front panel selects A, B, or Off-Line.
- DISPLAY: (2) High intensity front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: Requires 12 VDC, 0.5A (usually supplied by the power module included in a Model 9030 Module Rack.
- DIMENSIONS: Module 2.0" W x 5.0" H x 7.0" D. (5.1 x 12.7 x 17.8 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 0.6 lbs. (0.3 kg).
SPECIFICATIONS: MODEL 9030 RACK w/POWER
- RACK SIZE: 19.0" W x 5.25" H x 6.91" D. (48.3 x 13.3 x 17.6 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg).
- POWER: (Cat No 516274) UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power modules supplies 12 VDC 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- OPTION Wide Range Power Module: (Cat No 514296) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
CAT5 A/B/OFFLINE SWITCH MODULE APPLICATION w/RS232 REMOTE: The drawing illustrates one Model 7006 module. The Model 9030 rack can hold up to eight Model 7006 modules. Each module has a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COM port accessing two other devices connected to the A and B ports. There are three positions, "A", "B" and "OFFLINE". The OFFLINE position is Secure Mode; no data passes through the switch. The RJ45 Remote port accepts RS232 ASCII Serial data for Remote Control operation. The power bus cable (Cat No 981107) distributes power to all modules from the power supply module included with the Model 9030 rack system.
FEATURES OF MODEL 7006:
- Each module allows access to two Cat5 RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Switches all 8 pins of the RJ45 interface via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintans last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat5 compliance.
- The Model 7006 is a modular, rack-mount switch and is sold in conjunction with the Model 9030 Rack.
- Custom length data cables available for your switch installation.
Features of Model 9030 Rack with Power Supply and Cabling:
- The Model 9030 Rack can accommodate up to eight Model 7006 switch modules.
- Model 9030 Rack includes a power supply module, which is responsible for powering all the switches in the rack. A power bus cable, (included) distributes the power among the modules mounted on a Model 9030 rack.
- Filler panels are available to cover unused module slots.
- 2" filler panel: Catalog No. 305983
- Municipalities, schools, government: These products are on GSA Schedule
- This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
- Model 7006 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
The PathWay Model 7006 Single Channel RJ45 Cat5 A/B/OFFLINE Switch Modules with RS232 Remote Port allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A and B, via a connection through a device connected to the Common port. The Model 7006 is an open frame module designed to be installed in the Model 9030 Rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton, or remotely from the RJ45 serial interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained by the front panel LED's or the RJ45 serial Remote port.
The Model 9030 Rack with Power Module accommodates up to 8 Model 7006 modules. The Model 9030 holds the Model 7006 modules and provides power to all modules with the included power bus cable. The Model 9030 is a 3U, full rack size chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are availabe for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.