Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25/X.21
Model 7231 DB25/X.21 BIS Interface A/B Switch with Serial Remote Control
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows for local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for remote control operation.
- POWER: (Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed wall mount power module 100VAC / 240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz power to the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications. This is a wide range power module to cover North American and European Applications.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 7.75" W x 7.25" D x 2.0" H.
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs. (0.8 kg)
X.21 BIS INTERFACE DB25 A/B SWITCH APPLICATION : The drawing illustrates a DB25 / X.21 BIS Interface device connected to the DB25 COMMON port sharing between two other DB25 / X.21 BIS interface devices connected to the A and B ports. Also illustrated are a DB9 Remote port for remote control via ACSII RS232 Serial data commands and a wide range power supply for North American and European applications.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB25/X.21 BIS Interface devices from one COMMON device.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ACSII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Remote commands to set pushbutton-position change delay value.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- A wide range UL approved power module is supplied with the unit (100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz) to cover North American and European applications.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7231 Single Channel DB25/X.21BIS Interface A/B switch provides A/B Switching in a low profile, desktop unit. The interface is made up of DB25 female port connectors. The Model 7231 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The Model 7231 Single Channel DB25/X.21BIS Interface A/B switch allows the user the capability of sharing a DB25/X.21 BIS Interface device connected to the Common port connector between two other DB25/ X.21 BIS Interface devices connected to the A and B ports.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 female serial interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The user may set Duration Time which will require the operator to hold down the pushbutton for a period of time in order to change the switch position. If the pushbutton is released prior to the Duration Time, the unit will not change position. The front panel LED dispaly indicates the switch position and unit power status. All connections are switched simultaneously.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.