Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7248-ESL Dual Channel RS530 A/B Switch with Cutoff and Remote Control Port
- CHANNEL 1 PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (M/M/F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON, respectively.
- CHANNEL 2 PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (F/F/M) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON, respectively.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual control pushbuttons on front panel: one for channel 1 and one for channel 2.
- REMOTE CONTROL: DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure or RS232 serial data.
- LOCAL DISPLAY: (6) LEDs on front panel display switch position and power status.
- POWER: UL Approved, 115 VAC, 60 Hz wall mount power supply.
- DIMENSIONS: 1.75" H x 19.0" W x 8.0" D.
- WEIGHT: 4.5 lbs.
APPLICATION: The appication drawing illustrates two DB25 A/B/CUTOFF Channels of switching. Each channel has a device connected to the DB25 COMMON port allowing connection to the two other devices connected to the DB25 A and B ports. Each channel can be set to the "CUTOFF" position which stops any and all data throughput. The DB9 REMOTE port allows control via Contact Closure Commands or ASCII RS232 serial Data for Remote Control Operation.
- Both Channels offer A/B/CUTOFF switch positions with remote control.
- Channel One and Two are RS530 compatible.
- Remote switching via contact closure of specified pins of DB9 REMOTE port on rear panel or remotely controlled using an RS232 terminal interface.
- Local switching via two front panel pushbuttons.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 RS530 interface connector are switched simultaneously.
- Local switch change sends ASCII text over the RS232 interface to notify the user of the new switch position.
- All ports are located on the rear panel.
- Status LED's on the front panel indicate switch position and power status.
- Either channel can be set to "CUTOFF" position, which stops any and all data throughput for the switch.
- Unit mounts in standard 19" equipment racke, 1U space.
The PathWay® Model 7248-ESL is a 2-Channel RS530 A/B switch with Cutoff and Remote Control provides two channel switching in a low profile, 19-inch 1U rack unit. The unit's dimensions are 19" W x 1.75" H x 8" D.
Channel One allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25(F) interface device connected to the Common port among two other DB25 (M) devices connected to the "A" and "B" DB25 ports. All 25 pins are switched on this DB25 switch.
Channel Two allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25 (M) interface device connected to the Common port among two other DB25(F) devices connected to the "A" and "B" DB25 ports.
Both channels allow the user to set the switches to the CUTOFF position, which stops any and all data throughput for the switch. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 Control port located on the rear of the unit using either contact closures or an RS232 command interface.
The front panel LED displays indicate the respective switch position and unit power status. All ports ("A", "B", and "Common") for each switch are transparent to all data going through that switch. If power to the Model 7248-ESL is removed, both switches automatically move to the CUTOFF position. When it is restored, each switch will move to the programmed default position.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom code-operated network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.
All ESL products are available for export.