Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7248-ESL Dual Channel RS530 A/B Switch with Cutoff and Remote Control Port
- CHANNEL 1 PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (M/M/F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON, respectively.
- CHANNEL 2 PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (F/F/M) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON, respectively.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual control pushbuttons on front panel: one for channel 1 and one for channel 2.
- REMOTE CONTROL: DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure or RS232 serial data commands.
- DISPLAY: Three red leds' for each channel, display A, B, and Cutoff positions.
- POWER: The Model 7248-ESL is powered by an internal power supply. Plug the IEC 60320 C14 inlet on rear of the unit into a 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz receptacle.
- DIMENSIONS: 1.75" H x 19.0" W x 10.23" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 26.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: 6.1 lbs. (2.8 kg)
PathWay® Model 7248-ESL Dual-Channel RS30 A/B Switch w/Cutoff Position & Remote Control Application:
The application drawing illustrates two DB25 A/B/CUTOFF Channels of switching. Each channel has a device connected to the DB25 COMMON port allowing connection to the two other devices connected to the DB25 A and B ports. Each channel can be set to the "CUTOFF" position which stops any and all data throughput. The DB9 REMOTE port allows control via Contact Closure Commands or ASCII RS232 serial Data for Remote Control Operation.
- Channel One: (3) DB25 (M/M/F) and is RS530 Compatible.
- Channel Two: (3) DB25 (F/F/M) and is RS530 Compatible.
- Both Channels offer A/B/CUTOFF switch positions via front panel pushbutton or RS232 commands.
- Independent Channel Control:
- Channel One is RS530 compatible. All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Channel Two is RS530 compatible. All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- On power loss, unit reverts to a cutoff position that isolates all communication ports.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the Default Position for each channel selected by the user via RS232 commands.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, default position, lock and unlock front panel operations, obtain switch status.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the independent channel control of the switch position.
The PathWay® Model 7248-ESL is a 2-Channel RS530 A/B switch with Cutoff and Remote Control provides two-channel switching in a 19-inch 1U rack unit.
- Channel One allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25(F) interface device connected to the Common port among two other DB25 (M) devices connected to the "A" and "B" DB25 ports. All 25 pins are switched on this DB25 switch.
- Channel Two allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25 (M) interface device connected to the Common port among two other DB25(F) devices connected to the "A" and "B" DB25 ports.
The user can set each channel independently to the “CUTOFF” position, which stops, any and all data throughput for the switch.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 Control port located on the rear of the unit via Contact Closure or RS232 ASCII commands. The front panel LED display indicates the respective switch position and unit power status.
All ports (“A”, “B”, and “COMMON”) for each channel are transparent to all data going through that switch. If power to the Model 7248-ESL is removed, both switches will automatically move to the “CUTOFF” position. When it is restored, each switch will move to the Programmed Default Position.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch,