Path Way Remotely Controllable Network Switch, BNC Coaxial
Model 7215 A/B/C/D BNC Switch with Remote Control, Desktop
Ideal for sharing laboratory test equipment having a BNC coaxial cable interface.
Reliable and Field Proven in many Scientific Research Laboratory Applications.
Flexible Remote Control Capabilities
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) Isolated BNC (F) connectors labeled A, B,C, D, and Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) REMOTE connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has a 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop 5.25" W x 7.25" D x 2.0"H. (13.3 x 18.4 x 5.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.3 lbs (0.6 kg)
A/B/C/D BNC NETWORK APPLICATION w/RS232 REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the COM port accessing one of four ports, A, B, C, and D connected to four other devices. It also illustrates a DB9 REMOTE Control that users can remotely control the Model 7215 via ASCII RS232 Serial data commands to control switch position and obtain switch status.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- (5) Isolated BNC connectors on rear panel.
- Both center pin and shell are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LEDs display the present position and the power status.
The PathWay® Model 7215 A/B/C/D BNC Switch with RS232 Remote Control allows the user the capability of sharing a single BNC interface device connected to the Common port among four other devices connected to the "A", "B", "C", and "D" ports. The Model 7215 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The Model 7215 can be switched locally by using its front panel push button or remotely from the DB9 RS232 serial interface remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Check out suggested cables for use with the Model 7215 Switch.
|Suggested cables for use with Model 7215 Switch
RG58 Coaxial Cable, 50 ohm, 6ft. (M/M)
RG58 Coaxial, 50 ohm, 10ft. (M/M)
Thinnet RG58 Coaxial Cable, 50 ohm, 6ft (M/M)
Thinnet RG58 Coaxial Cable, 50 ohm, 10ft (M/M)
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.