Fiber 232® Model 4111 (POF) Plastic Optical Fiber to RS232 DB9 Port Converter
Allow Connection of POF Plastic Fiber Optic Linked Terminals to RS232 Port of Controller
Provides Electrical-to-Optical, Optical-to-Electrical Conversion
Ideal for Casino Networks, or ANY Network Linking Terminals or Machinery to a Controller.
- Data Transfer Rate: Up to 1 Mbps (enhanced RS232).
- Fiber Transmission Distance: 55 meters (180 ft.) using extra low loss type plastic fiber cable.
- RS232 Transmission Distance: 19.2 Kbps 500 feet using low capacitance cable.
- Optical Fiber Connectors: HP/Agilent Versatile Link.
- RS232 Connector: DB9 female port connector.
- Optical Cable Type: 1mm plastic optical film.
- Red Peak Wavelength: 660 nm (red).
- External Power Supply: 120 VAC, 60 Hz wall mount power supply is included with each unit (Cat No 533973).
- Dimensions: 2.24” x 1.1.” x 3.88” (5.7cm x 2.8cm x 9.9cm).
- Weight: 0.3 Lb. (93.5 grams).
- Status Display: (1) Red RX Data LED and (1) Green TX Data LED.
Model 4111 Interface Converter Application compatible with Duplex Latching Connector HFBR-4516Z:
The drawing shows the Latching Mechanism for HFBR-4516Z above the POF (Plastic Optical ports).
The HP VersaLink Fiber to RS232 Converters are used to connect fiber optic linked Video Lottery Terminals to a controller having an RS232 interface port. While RS232 is a versatile communication standard, conversion to a fiber optic communication standard also allows data transmission that is no longer susceptible to electrostatic or electromagnetic fields. Additionally, the ports of the connected terminals are protected from damage by potential differences (ground variations) that often exist between them.
HP FIBER / RS 232 CONVERTER APPLICATION FOR CASINO NETWORKS LINKING VIDEO LOTTERY TERMINALS & VIDEO GAMING MACHINES.
The illustration shows a Controller connected to the Model 4111 DB9 port and Video Gaming Machines linked to the HP/Agilent Versatile Link connectors via HP Versatile Link Plastic Core Cables.
- Converts RS232 Serial Communication Interface to Plastic Optical Fiber (POF).
- Provides full galvanic isolation (no metallic connection) between connected devices.
- Full duplex connection between HP Versatile Link fiber optic interface device or network and an RS232 interface device.
- Allows the interference-free fiber optical transfer of data to be utilized by the device having an RS232 interface.
- Compatible with the duplex latching connector: HFBR-4516Z
- Data transfer rate up to 1 Mpbs (enhanced RS232).
- Fiber connections via two standard Versatile Link connectors.
- Model 4111 is configurable for use as DCE or DTE. It is factory configured as DCE unless otherwise specified with order. To reconfigure the unit to a different setting in the field, jumpers on the board must be changed.
- LED Status lights display data transfer activity.
- Provided with external wall-mount power supply, UL approved.
The Model 4111 POF / RS232 Converter is used to connect fiber optic linked Video Lottery Terminals to a controller having an RS232 interface port. While RS232 is a versatile communication standard, conversion to a fiber optic communication standard also allows data transmission that is no longer susceptible to electrostatic or electromagnetic fields. Additionally, the ports of the connected terminals are protected from damage by potential differences (ground variations) that often exist between them.
| Model 4111
| Model 4111
|| Signal Direction
| DB9 Pin#
|| ← IN
|| → OUT
Please check out our HP Versalink Plastic Core Cables and Interface Converters.
To view more of Electro Standards' Media Converters, click here: Interface Converters.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLES Webpage, or our
|Please check out our HP Versalink Plastic Core Cables and Interface Converters on our Related products tab.
|HP VERSATILE LINK PLASTIC CORE CABLES
|| CATALOG NUMBER
| 10 FEET
| 20 FEET
| 30 FEET
| 40 FEET
| Custom length HP Fiber Cables Available
Order: Catalog Number 986625 - Length (in feet)
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: Convertisseurs d'interface, Interfaz de Convertidores, Convertitori di interfaccia, Mediakonwertery, Conversores de Interface.