Cat5e Manual Network Switch, RJ45 Rotary Switches
Model 8079 RJ45 A/B Switch, Manual, Cat 5e Compliant
Switches all 8 pins. Allows compatibility with ALL RJ45 interfaces.
A Field-Proven High-Quality Data Network Switch designed to provide High Reliability for Mission Critical Networks.
Ideal for Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) purchase applications.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Rotary switch on front panel selects A or B.
- PINS SWITCHED: All 8 pins of the RJ45 are switched.
- POWER: No power required. Manually operated.
- ENCLOSURE: Shielded aluminum enclosure.
- DIMENSIONS: 5.3"W x 2.6" H x 7.3" D. (13.5 X 6.6 X 18.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)
LineSelect® Model 8079 Manually Controlled CAT5e RJ45 A/B Switch Application:
The drawing illustrates a computer workstation connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access two networks connected to the RJ45 ports A and B. The Model 8079 is certified Cat5e Compliant.
- LineSelect® Model 8079 allows access to two networks from one computer or workstation.
- Certified for category 5e compliance.
- High quality sealed switch with self-wiping contacts.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- No external power required.
- The ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make rotary switch.
- Manual control via knob located on the front panel.
- Rated for 10/100/1000 Base-T networks (Up to Cat5e).
- (3) RJ45 Connections, ports A, B, and COMMON located on rear panel.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Switching mechanism is sealed precious metal contact switch.
- Custom length Cat5e cables available for your switch installation. Get better performance.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Shedule!
The LineSelect® Model 8079 enables access to two 100Base-T networks up to 1000 Mbps. The Model 8079 Category 5e A/B Switch allows the user to reroute data between two networks with a simple flip of the switch. The unit supports all 8 pins of the RJ45 interface. No need to plug and unplug cables thereby eliminating connector wear. The Model 8079 is enclosed in a slim desktop enclosure.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 8079 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.