PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, USB Type-A, Type-B
Model 4508 USB 3.0 A/B Switch with RS232 Serial Remote Control, Desktop
Switch between two USB 3.0 Type A devices to one COMMON 3.0 Type-B device without having to disconnect cables
Share a USB 3.0 device between 2 PC's
Perfect to connect a computer to multiple USB 3.0
Field-Proven, Highly Reliable!
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (2) USB 3.0 Type-A connectors labeled A, B
- (1) USB 3.0 Type-B connector labeled COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.11" W x 2.39" H x 7.34" D (20.6 x 6.1 x 18.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs (0.9 kg)
USB 3.0 A/B SWITCH w/RS232 SERIAL REMOTE APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates a Type-B USB 3.0 COMMON port connector with access to two Type-A USB 3.0 connectors ports labeled A and B. A computer or device connected to the COMMON port has access to two USB Devices with Type-A USB ports. The DB9 REMOTE port accepts ASCII RS232 Serial so the user can remotely control the unit operations.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two USB 3.0 interface devices from one COMMON device!
- Compatible with Hi-Speed USB 3.0 devices.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- 8 pins switched: (2) pins USB 3.0; (4) pins USB 3.0; (2) pins power.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- The REMOTE RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
The PathWay® Model 4508 USB 3.0 A/B Switch with Remote Control allows the user the capability of sharing a single PC connected to the COMMON port among two USB devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports. The Model 4508 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure. The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the REMOTE RS232 serial port (DB9) located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is designed to connect peripherals such as, keyboards, mice, scanners, digital cameras, printers, hard disks, and networking components to the PC USB interface.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This is the switch you need. It has been field-proven! Reliable! It comes complete with Tech Support.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.