Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25
Model 4242 Single Channel DB25 A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI Remote
Maximum flexibility remote control provided by USER-FRIENDLY Telnet and Graphical User Interface Software.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows for local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts
- 10/100 Base-T LAN access Ethernet and Graphical User Interface (GUI) for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/120VAC, 50Hz/60Hz table mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, Non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 8.15" W x 2.38" H x 7.27" D. (20.8 x 6.1 x 18.5 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.0 lbs. (0.9 kg)
DB25 A/B APPLICATION w/REMOTE TELNET & GUI:
The drawing illustrates a Shared Device connected to the DB25 COMMON port with access to two other devices connected to the DB25 A and B ports. The RJ45 REMOTE is IP addressable 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet and password protected. The RJ45 Remote can be used to control the switch remotely via Telnet Commands or the User-Friendly Graphical User Interface.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB25 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100-Base-T LAN Ethernet Environment.
- Remote Control Telnet command interface or Graphical User Interface that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote Control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Retains last switch position in the event of power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 4242 Single Channel DB25 A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the"A" and "B" ports with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100BASE-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface. The Model 4242 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 4242 LAN port is connected to simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: Model 4242 GUI in a standard Web Browser
* Graphical User Interface
- Select a position:
- Lock and unlock front panel pushbutton control.
- Query switch status, firmware version number, serial number.
- Enable/Disable autosend of switch positions.
- GUI is alerted to changes made by front panel pushbutton
- Login: Password authentication can be enabled or disabled.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 4242 DB25 A/B Switch System.
- Users can change the login password and/or the switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button "A" or "B" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Change the switch position and lockout front-panel operation using the Main Panel of the Graphical User Interface.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the current position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside the GUI, such as by a pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: The Graphical User Interface is alerted to changes in the unit status including a change made by a front panel pushbutton.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.