QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 4181 SC Duplex 100BaseFX Auto Fallback A/B Fiber Optic Network Switch with Remote Access
- Auto Fallback Feature Increases Network Uptime!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) SC Duplex fiber optic connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FIBER OPTIC INTERFACE: Wavelength 1300nm, speed 100 MBPS, multimode fiber, full duplex transmission, Fiber Size 62.5/125 micron.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) pushbutton to select network port.
- DISPLAY: (2) status red LEDs indicate switch position.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 / female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 115VAC / 60Hz, wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop: 7.5" W x 2.0" H x 7" D (19.1 X 5.1 X 17.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 2.8 lbs (1.3 kg)
APPLICATION: The auto fallback diagram illustrates a Fiber Optic SC Duplex Switch for a workstation application showing Automatic Fallback based on Signal Detect (SD). Activity Sense for Auto Switch is also shown in the diagram.
APPLICATION: The workstation diagram illustrates a Network Transfer application with a "FAST ETHERNET". Activity Sense for Auto Switch is also shown in the diagram.
Auto FALLBACK Operation:
The QuickSwitch® 4181 SC Duplex A/B 100BaseFX Auto Fallback Switch can operate in either of two modes, as a Fallback Switch or as an A/B Switch. In the Fallback mode, the unit monitors its environment for SD (signal detect) to determine its switch position.
If the primary link is lost, the unit sends an alarm notification message; when the fiber link is restored, an acknowledgement message is also sent. In the A/B Switch mode, the unit can be switched from its front panel pushbutton, or remotely by communicating with the unit via its Remote Control Supervisory Port located on the rear panel.
While in the Fallback mode, the unit will maintain connection from the Common port to port A while SD is present on the A port. If SD is absent or lost, the unit automatically switches to the fiber link connected to port B. Once SD has been restored and is sensed at port A, the switch automatically returns to the A position. The unit can be setup to respond differently to the loss and recovery of the primary fiber link A.
- Automatically detects faulty line and switches to a
backup/secondary fiber optic network.
- Supports 100BaseFX fiber optic networks.
- All ports are SC Duplex multimode fiber optic ports.
- Sends alarm signal from RS232 port upon faulty line detection and recovery.
- Remote Control Supervisory Port allows communications with the switch to
configure action upon source loss and recovery.
- Remote Port also allows user override switching and can place the unit in A/B
Switch mode for manually switching.
- LED display indicates switch position and power presence at a glance.
- Front panel pushbutton switch changes the switch position when the
unit is in the A/B Switch mode.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front-panel pushbutton. The front-panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4181 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.