Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB15
Model 4520 DB15 A/B Data Switch with Remote Control (Contact Closure)
Operates on 28 VDC supplied to unit
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB15 female connectors A, B, and COMMON.
- SHIELDING: A ground stud on the rear panel provides conductive access to the shielded aluminum enclosure.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Front panel pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure signaling for remote control operation.
- POWER: 28 VDC power to be supplied across pins 7 & 8 of the DB9 connector.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 7.75"W x 2.0" H x 7.25"D. (19.7 x 5.1 x 18.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 2.8 lbs (1.3 kg)
PathWay® Model 4520 DB15 A/B Switch Application with DB9 Remote, (Contact Closure Signaling, 28VDC)
The drawing illustrates a single channel DB15 switch. A device connected to the COMMON port has access to two devices connected to the DB15 A and B ports. The DB9 remote accepts contact closure signaling and operates on 28 VDC supplied across pins 7 and 8 of the REMOTE port.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB15 devices from one COMMON DB15 device.
- Switches all 15 pins of the DB15 interface via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- The remote-control port accepts contact closure commands for switch position control and front panel lockout. It also supplies contact closure signals indicating switch state.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be locked out, remotely
- Front panel LED's display position and power status.
- Retains last switch position in the event of power loss and continues to pass data.
- Powered by 28 VDC, required to be supplied across pins 7 and 8 of the REMOTE port.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Ground stud on rear panel to provide single point chassis connection for shielding.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 4520 is a Single Channel DB15 A/B Switch allows a device connected to the COMMON port to access devices connected to the A or B ports. The Model 4520 Single Channel unit is compactly enclosed in a desktop casing. The Model 4520 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Contact Control Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The DB9 Remote port provides control by dry contact open/closure logic. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and power status.
Custom length DB15 cables available for your switch installation.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4520 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.