Path Way® Model 4148 Normal/Redundant Fallback Network Switch
The PathWay® Model 4148 allows data broadcast, TD of the RS232 interface, from two data origination devices to be channelled to two devices designated as destination devices.
- CONTROL: (1) Front panel pushbutton.
- INDICATORS: (4) High intensity red LEDs
- SIGNALS SUPPORTED: TD, RTS, GND
- CONNECTORS: (4) DB9/F data signal interface; (1) power jack.
- POWER: 115VAC 60 Hz (wall transformer)
- DIMENSIONS: 7.75" W x 2.0" H x 7.5" D.
- WEIGHT: 2 lbs.
- Model 4148 data network switch will self-configure its connectivity based on the devices connected to it, or the user can override its connection status from a manual front panel pushbutton.
- Four front panel LEDs display the connectivity status and verify power connection at all times.
- Copper network switch, LAN switch
- During Normal mode, the origin device connected to Port D1 is connected to port COM1; and the device connected to port D2 is connected to port COM2.
- If the RTS signal is lost from the device connected to D1, the Model 4148 changes to Redundant Fallback mode and automatically broadcasts the data from the D2 device to both destination devices.
- If the RTS signal is lost from the device connected to the D2, the Model 4148 automatically broadcasts the data from the D1 device to both the devices COM1 and COM2.
MANUAL OVERRIDE OPERATION:
- To override Automatic Operation, the user simply depresses the front panel pushbutton and holds it for 5 seconds and releases.
- Momentarily depressing and releasing the pushbutton then allows the user to change the switch connectivity.
- To change back to Automatic Operation, depress and hold the pushbutton for 5 seconds and the switch will automatically connect.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V.
Click here for GSA terms.
To read the article: "ADVANCES IN NETWORK SWITCHES", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our Copper Cable Assemblies webpage
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch,