Model 4444 Special Function Contention/Broadcast DB9 A/OFFLINE/B Switch
- PORT & CHANNEL CONNECTORS: (2) DB9 Male connectors labeled A, and B. (1) DB9 Female connector labeled COMMON.
- DISPLAY: (3) Red LED’s labeled A, B, and POWER indicate switch position and power status. LED A or B is illuminated when data signal was detected on that port and the port has now been connected to the COM port.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 8.11” W x 7.28” D x 2.39” H. (20.3 x 20.3 x 6.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.7 lbs. (0.8 kg)
PathWay® Model 4444 Special Function Contention/Broadcast DB9 A/OFFLINE/B Application:
The Model 4444 DB9 A/OFFLINE/B Switch application drawing illustrates two DB9 Male connectors for ports A and B. The COMMON port connector is a DB9 female. Channel A and Channel B are each connected to a Contention Device A or Device B, respectively. The COMMON port is connected to a Broadcast Printer. Ports A and B are monitored for Data Activity. When Printer data activity has ended the unit switches to OFFLINE position and resumes monitoring ports A and B.
- Pins 2 and 5 are connected among A, B and COM at all times.
- Pin 3 on Port A and Port B are monitored for activity.
- The unit automatically switches to the position, where data is detected.
- Pin 3 of the DB9 interface is switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- No Front panel Control.
- Front panel LED’s display the present position and power status.
- Pin 2 of the COM Port is monitored for the Broadcast Printer data activity.
- When Printer data activity is ended, the unit switches to the OFFLINE position and resumes monitoring Ports A and B for data activity.
- Unit chassis ground is connected to the signal ground.
- If power to the Model 4444 is lost, the switch will maintain its present position and continue to pass data.
- Upon power restore, the unit will return to the OFFLINE position and resume monitoring ports A and B for activity.
The PathWay® Model 4444 Special Function Broadcast/Contention DB9 A/OFFLINE/B Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB9 interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the “A” and “B” ports. The Model 4444 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The front panel LED display indicates the switch position, and power status.
The unit monitors data activity on ports A and B pin 3. If the unit detects data activity, the unit automatically switches to the port data was first detected on. The unit will then remain in the selected position, no longer monitoring data on A/B pin 3 and instead monitoring data over COMMON pin 2. Once that signal is not present for the time prescribed by the DSW1 settings, the unit will switch back to the idle disconnected OFFLINE position automatically.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click ere to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.