Model 7404 6-Channel A/B Switch, (3) 4-Pin 3.5mm & (3) RJ45 Cat5e PoE, 802.3af & 802.3at Compliant with RS232 Remote
Quickly & easily switch all six channels simultaneously!
- DATA CONNECTORS: (9) RJ45 female connectors; three labeled A, B and COMMON for each channel, (9) 4-Pin, 3.5mm connectors, three labeled A, B, and COMMON for each channel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual Pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.15" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.7 lbs (2.2 kg)
PathWay® Model 7404 A/B Application with RS232 Remote Control:
The drawing illustrates 6-Channels of A/B Switching; 3 Channels for Audio (4-pin 3.5mm port); (3) Channels of RJ45 Cat5e PoE, 802.3af & 802.3at Compliant.
All channels switch from A Position to B Position, or B Position to A Position simultaneously.
The DB9 Remote Control can be used to send RS232 ASCII commands remotely to control the unit.
- Each RJ45 channel allows access to two RJ45 Cat5e networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The 4-Pin 3.5mm channel allows access to two 4-Pin 3.5mm networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- All 4 leads of the 4-Pins 3.5mm are switched.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, switch remains in last known position.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Simultaneous control of channels.
- Front panel LED's display the present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat 5e compliance.
- Certified for PoE 802.3af & 802.3at compliance.
The PathWay® Model 7404 6-Channel (3) 4-Pin 3.5 mm and (3) RJ45 Cat5e, POE 802.3af & 802.3at Compliant, A/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the “COMMON” port, among two other devices, connected to the “A” and “B” ports for each of six channels. The Model 7404 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via a front panel push button or remotely from an RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the Remote RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our Copper Cable Assemblies Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.