Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switches, DB9
Model 7244R Single Channel DB9 A/B/C Switch with 10/100Base-T LAN Access Remote Control, and Telnet and GUI, RoHS Compliant
Extensive user manual covers Remote Ethernet Connection 10/100Base-T LAN Setup, Remote Telnet Session, and Remote-Control GUI Operation
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) DB9 Female connectors labeled A, B, C and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 Female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.24" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs., (2.0 kg)
- MTBF: 450, 467 hrs (unit alone). 62,583 hrs (unit with power supply included). 221,421 hrs. (unit with optional extended life power supply, Cat No 532765).
- NOTE: MTBF calculation model MIL-HDBK-217 FN2 (217PLUS).
PathWay® Model 7244R DB9 A/B/C SWITCH APPLICATION w/TELNET and GUI:
The diagram illustrates a COMMON device connected to the COMMON DB9 port with access to three devices, Device A, Device B, and Device C, connected to the DB9 A, B and C ports respectively. The RJ45 port is 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet which can be used to control the unit via Telnet Commands or Graphical User Interface.
- Allows quick connection of any one of three devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Certified RoHS compliant!
- All 9 pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet Environment.
- Remote control Telnet command interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status , as well as query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7244R Single Channel DB9 Interface A/B/C Switch with 10/100Base-T Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among three other devices connected to the A, B, and C ports with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100BASE-T connection. The Graphical User Interface allows for remote switch position control and monitoring as well as front panel lockout features. The Model 7244R is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
POWER SUPPLY OPTIONS:
WIDE RANGE TABLE MOUNT (Cat. No. 517277)CE RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
EXTENDED LIFE: RATED MODULE (Cat. No. 532765) CE RoHS, and cUL listed, 300,000 HRS, MTBF (per Telecordia SR-332, 25degC), 100VAC/240VAC, 50HZ/60Hz.
UTILIZING THE USER-FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7244 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in Standard Web Browser.
10/100BASE-T LAN SETUP
The switch is configured from the factory to use DHCP to automatically get its IP address from a DHCP server on the local area network when connected to the network and powered up. Therefore, a DHCP server is needed on the local area network for the initial configuration. After that, the switch can be configured to use a static IP address. To find the IP address of a switch that it has gotten from the DHCP server, or to reconfigure the IP Address of the switch, use the Lantronix® DeviceInstaller application.
DeviceInstaller requires Microsoft’s .NET Framework version 4.0 or higher. If the .NET Framework is not already installed, it must first be installed. The .NET Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website, either as a web install, or as a standalone installation. The latest version of DeviceInstaller can be downloaded from Lantronix’s website.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7244 Switch System.
- Users can change the switch’s IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
LOGGING into the GUI
- Once logged in, the user can perform one of several actions:
- Change the switch position
- Lockout control of the switch’s front panel
- Change the login password
- Enable or Disable password protection
- Re-configure the switch’s IP address
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button "A", "B", or "C" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Change the switch position and lockout front-panel operation using the Main Panel of the Graphical User Interface.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the current position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside of the GUI, such as by pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: The GUI is alerted to changes in the unit status.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch