PathWay® Model 7145 Automatic Sensing DB9 A/B/OFFLINE Switch with Redundant Special Input Power
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB9 female connectors labeled A and B and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) Manual pushbuttons allow a user to select A, B, or OFFLINE position.
- (3) Front panel red LED's display switch position and mode of switch
- (3) amber LED's display which ports have data activity on Pin 2 and 3
- (2) Green LED's show which port has the Power Input to the unit.
- REDUNDANT POWER:The Model 7145 requires 110VDC to operate. Both of the 110VDC power supplies can be connected by terminating the power supply with the Phoenix Connector Kits provided (P/N 518221)
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.3" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 26.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.1 lb. (2.8 kg).
PathWay® Model 7145 Automatic Sensing DB9 A/B/OFFLINE Switch Application:
The application drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the DB9 COMMON port with access to two devices connected to Port A and Port B. The unit monitors data activity on Port A and Port B and switches automatically when in Fallback Mode. There is also the ability to select OFFLINE position using the dip switch settings.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays. Pin 5 (signal ground) of all ports tied together.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power restore, the unit will remain in the position it was in at power down.
- The dipswitch settings can be set to change the signal loss mode to allow an OFFLINE position.
- If dipswitch pole three is set to the ON position, the unit will switch to the OFFLINE position, if there is no valid data activity on the alternate port, when data activity is lost on the current port.
- Automatic switching based on RS232 TD and RD activity.
- In Automatic Fallback Mode, unit automatically switches based on data activity monitoring of Ports A and B.
- Manual Mode switching via front panel pushbuttons.
- Front panel red LED's display present position
- Front panel amber LED's display data activity on ports A, B, and COM.
- Front panel green LED's indicate power supply status.
- User selectable to monitor DB9 pin 2 or 3, or both via dipswitch located on the bottom panel of the unit.
- Redundant power supply inputs; each supply connector accepts 110VDC supply input.
- No Remote Control.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7145 DB9 Automatic Sensing DB9 A/B/OFFLINE Switch with Special Redundant Input Power System allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 7145 is packaged in a slim, 1U rack height rack mount enclosure. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position, data activity and unit power status.
The unit monitors data activity on both ports A and B. If activity on the connected port is lost for 2 seconds, and if the other port has established valid activity, the unit automatically switches to the port with valid activity. As long as there is activity on the present port, the unit will maintain the connection with that port. If neither port has activity, it will stay connected to the present port.
Custom length cables are available for quick delivery!
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.