QuickSwitch® 6317 Fiber Optic Mirror A/B Switch, LC Duplex, Single Mode with Contact Closure Remote & Status
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) LC Duplex, Single Mode, Fiber Optic rear-panel connectors, labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1), Front-panel pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel red LEDs’ display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure for Remote Operation and a set of status contacts.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- WAVELENGTH: 1260 nm - 1620 nm.
- FIBER SIZE: 9/125.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.15”W x 3.10”H x 7.27”D. [20.8cm x 7.9cm x 18.5cm]
- WEIGHT: Approx. 1.8 lbs. [0.8 kg]
MODEL 6317 LC Duplex Fiber Optic, Single Mode Application w/Contact Closure & Status Remote Control:
The Fiber Optic Network Application drawing illustrates a fiber optic network connected to the LC Duplex COMMON port accessing two other networks connected to the LC duplex A and B ports, respectively. The DB9 Remote port allows the user to remotely control the switch via Contact Closure and Status signaling.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Local control via front panel pushbutton.
- The REMOTE port accepts Contact Closure to control switch position and to lockout front panel operations.
- A set of contacts are provided on the REMOTE port to check Switch Status.
- Front panel LED’s display switch position and power status.
- All A, B, and COMMON ports are LC duplex, Single mode, 9/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1260 nm-1620nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- When power is lost, the switch will maintain its position and continue to pass data.
- When power is restored, the unit will retain the same position in which it was at power down.
- Custom length, rigorously tested and certified, LC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® 6317 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch, with Contact Closure Remote & Status, allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the “COMMON” port between two other devices connected to the “A” and “B” ports. The QuickSwitch® 6317 is packaged in a compact desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely from the REMOTE port (DB9) located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the REMOTE port located on the rear of the unit.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.