Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Path Way® Model 7237 8-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with Redundant Remote Control and Power Supply
- PORT CONNECTORS: (24) RJ45(F) connectors labeled A, B, and COM (3 for each of the 8 channels).
- DUAL REMOTE CONNECTORS: (2) DB9(F) connectors labeled REMOTE accept RS232 serial data.
- DUAL POWER: (2) UL approved 120VAC, 60Hz wall mount power modules supply 12VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DISPLAY: (2) LED's indicate switch position and power.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton control allows local switching.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 3.5" H x 8" D.
- WEIGHT: Approximately 7.0 lbs
PathWay® Model 7237 8-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch application with Redundant Power Supplies:
The PathWay® Model 7237 drawing illustrates one COMMON port connected to one of two separate devices for each of eight channels. There are two DB9 remote connectors for ASCII RS232 Serial Data Remote Control operation. The redundant power supplies are llustrated in the application drawing, as well.
- High reliability through redundancy: Dual Power Supplies and Dual Remote Ports
- All (8) pins of each RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make eletromechanical relays.
- All switches change positions simultaneously upon command.
- Transparent to data speed and protocol.
- Switches maintain position in the event of power loss and continue to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control or Remote ASCII Command access through the dual serial ports.
- Front panel LEDs display the current switch position and power status.
- Redundant Power Supplies helps reduce downtime due to power loss.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This network switch is on GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V.
The PathWay® Model 7237 8-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with Redundant Remote Control and Power allows the user the capability of accessing, on each channel, one of two separate devices via a device connected into the channel's Common port.
The switch may be controlled manually by a front panel pushbutton or remotely from either RS-232 serial port located on the rear of the unit.
Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display via one of the dual Remote RS-232 serial ports (DB9) located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7237 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form at https://www.electrostandards.com/support/custom-product-request/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.