QuickSwitch® 6240 POF A/B Switch with Serial Remote Control
Switch ANY POF interface device to share or backup.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) POF Interface Duplex RX/TX labeled A, B and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton
- allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED’s display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop 8.15” W x 2.45” H x 7.27” D.(20.8 x 6.3 x 18.5 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.9 lbs. (0.9 kg)
QuickSwitch® 6240 POF Duplex A/B Switch Application with RS232 Remote Control
The QuickSwitch® 6240 is a Single Channel POF Duplex A/B Switch. The COMMON Port has access to Fiber Optic Network A when in the A position.
The Fiber Optic Network B is connected when the Model 6240 is in the B Position..
The DB9 Remote port accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Commands to allow the user to remotely control switch position.
- Allows access to two POF Duplex RX/TX devices from one COMMON POF Duplex RX/TX device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- If power to the Model 6240 is lost, the switch will maintain its present position but will not continue to pass data.
- Upon power restore, the unit will remain in the position it was in at power down.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS-232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switchpositions.
- Speed up to 1 Mbps
- POF Interface Duplex RX/TX A, B and COM ports.
- Fiber Wavelength: 660 nm (red)
- Transmission Distance: 75 m (250 ft.) (POF)
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
The Quickswitch® Model 6240 POF A/B Duplex Switch with RS-232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the “COMMON” port, among two other devices, connected to the “A” and “B” ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 6240 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and the unit power status.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLES Webpage, or our COPPER NETWORK CABLES Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: Convertisseurs d'interface, Interfaz de Convertidores, Convertitori di interfaccia, Mediakonwertery, Conversores de Interface.