Model 9163 Combine/Split Token Ring A/B Manual Switch,
- Split or Combine Token Ring Network Wired in a Star Wired Ring Topology via Multistation Access Units.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) Token Ring Data Connectors.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Rotary switch on front panel selects NORMAL 1 or SPLIT 2. Switches entire Token Ring Data Connector interface.
- POWER: No power required. Manually operated.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 5.25" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 13.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.5 lbs. (0.7 Kg)
- ENCLOSURE: EMI shielded unit enclosure; steel fastener hardware.
The Model 9163 Combine/Split Token Ring Switch facilitates combining two separate Token Ring segments together when in the NORMAL (1) switch position, or operating them as separate segments when in the SPLIT (2) switch position. The Model 9163 connected with Token Ring Multiple Access Units (MAU) can combine or separate Token Ring segments with the simple flip of a switch.
A front panel mounted sealed construction rotary switch changes the Token Ring configuration to be combined or split as required, eliminating the need to plug and unplug Token Ring Data Connectors thus minimizing connector wear, ensuring reliable connection and data integrity.
The unit is enclosed in an EMI shielded enclosure and is fastened with steel hardware for rugged durability. The Model 9163 enclosure is an ultra slim rackmount package, 1U high and 19 inches wide to mount into a standard 19 inch equipment rack frame or cabinet.
All connections are made via the front panel for easy access and are clearly marked. Token Ring cables, patch panels, switches, wall plates, universal data connectors, etc. are also available.
- Allows quick combining or separating of Token Ring segments.
- Manual operation via front-panel rotary switch.
- All 4 pins of the Token Ring interface are switched.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- High quality sealed switch with self-wiping low impedance contacts.
- No external power required.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length Token Ring cables available for your switch installation.
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defects.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Manual Data Network Switches are available for export.