DB15 Manual Network Switch, Rotary Switches
Model 8461 Nine-Channel DB15 Connect / Disconnect Switch, Manual Operation
- Utilizes MIL components and designed to support rugged MIL applications.
- Absolutely NO DATA passes when switch is in the DISCONNECT position.
High Quality Manual Data Network Switches Increase the Reliability of Your Network
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) DB15 (M) Input connectors. (9) DB15 (F) Output connectors.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (9) rotary switches.
- POWER: No power required. Manually operated.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop Configuration: 16.73" W x 3.5" H x 6.7" D. (42.5 x 8.8 x 17.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.0 lbs. (1.8 kg)
9-CHANNEL MANUAL DB15 CONNECT/DISCONNECT SWITCH APPLICATION: Individually controlled 9-Channel DB15 Connect/Disconnect switch. Utilizes MIL components and designed to support rugged MIL applications. The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the DB15 port for each of nine channels. The COMMON device is connected to the Output device in the "CONNECT" position. When the switch is in the "DISCONNECT" position no data passes to the Output Device.
- Output Connectors (female): M24308/1-2F
- Input Connectors (male): M24308/3-2F
- Jackposts: M24308/26
- Rotary Switch: Grayhill p/n 09YY50111, built to the same drawing as Series 09 for MIL-DTL-3786/13 Type SR13E45B1MPCL, but with different system plating.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: Mil-STD-202F, Method 301.
- Insulation Resistance: MIL-STD-202F, Method 302.
- Workmanship in accordance with MIL-HDBK-454, Guideline 9.
- Letter of compliance certification.
- Shock Compliance: MIL-STD-810E, Method 516.4, Procedure 1 (1/2 sine30g x 20 millisec)
- Vibration Compliance: MIL-STD-810E, Method 514.4, Category 1, Procedure 1 (2 hours per axis)
- Low pressure (Altitude) Compliance: Altitude 5000 feet. MIL-STD-810E, Method 500.3, Procedure 1.
- Humidity: MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.4.
- Independently switch each of 9 channels via knobs on front panel.
- Switches pins 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 14. Pin 1 of each is bussed through.
- High quality sealed switch with self-wiping precious metal contacts.
- No external power required.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Manual operation via front panel rotary switches.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB15 cables available for your switch installation.
The Model 8461 Network Switch is comprised of nine individually controlled, manually operated, DB15 Connect/Disconnect switches. When in CONNECT position, that individual channel input is completely connected to its respective channel output. When in DISCONNECT position, that individual channel input is completely disconnected from its respective channel output.
Optional Rackmount Brackets allow the Model 8461 DB15 manual network switch to be mounted in a 19" rack enclosure. The brackets are field installable. To order the 3.5" brackets, request: Cat. No. 512433, Model 2433 .
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Product Request Form.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All ESL Manual Data Network Switches are available for export.