PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45, Cat5e
Model 7470 Single Channel RJ45, CAT5e, A/B Switch with SSH and HTTPS GUI Remote Control
SSH: Secure Shell cryptographic network protocol for secure data communications.
HTTPS: Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet, SSH and Secure Graphical User Interface.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. [48.3 x 4.5 x 20.4 cm]
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs. [1.9 kg]
CAT5e A/B SWITCH WITH SSH AND HTTPS GUI REMOTE APPLICATION:
The drawing shows a NETWORK or COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to two other NETWORKS or devices connected to the RJ45 A and B ports. The Remote Port is an RJ45 10/100Base-T LAN Connection with Password Protection, TLS/SSL, and Secure HTTPS GUI Remote.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two RJ45 devices from one COMMON device.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data. .
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified for CAT 5e compliance.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP addressable.
- Remote Control SSH Command Interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is secured by user login with password protection and TLS/SSL security cryptographic protocols.
- Switch maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7470 Single Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch with SSH and HTTPS GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100 BASE-T connection and either SSH commands or a secure Graphical User Interface. The Model 7470 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
ETHERNET REMOTE PORT, I.P. ADDRESSABLE, WITH HTTPS GUI
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7470s LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in a Chrome Web Browser
LOGGING INTO THE REMOTE CONTROL GUI
The default username and password to login to the switch is "admin" and "ESL02921", respectively. Any SSH username/password changes made via the Remote Configuration GUI will be accepted here.
Figure 2: Logging into the Remote GUI Control
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button "A" or "B" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio button.
Figure 3: Change the position and lockout from the GUI
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the current position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside of the GUI, such as by pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. The GUI will report the source of the most recent change in the bottom left of the panel.
Figure 4: The GUI is alerted to changes in the unit status.
INFORMATION AND IP CONFIGURATION
The Remote Control GUI also provides access to unit information such as the firmware/software version and the serial number. It also provides a link to the Remote Configuration GUI. Note that the Remote Configuration GUI link works regardless of whether the user is logged into the Remote Control GUI or whether the applet loads at all.
Figure 5: Remote Control GUI Information & Configuration Link.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This is the switch you need. It has been field-proven! Reliable! It comes complete with Tech Support.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.