QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch / Converter
QuickSwitch® 4185 Fiber Optic SC Duplex, Multimode A/B Switch / Converter
- Provides Fiber Optic Link Backup, Password Protected.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) SC Duplex fiber optic connectors labeled A and B. (1) RJ45 100 Base-TX COMMON.
- FIBER OPTIC INTERFACE: Wavelength 1300 nm, speed 100 Mbps, multimode fiber, full duplex, Fiber Size 62.5/125 micron.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton to select port A or B.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LEDs display switch position and indicate power status.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE: (1) DB9 / female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 115 VAC / 60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop: 7.5" W x 2.0" H x 7"D. (19.1 x 5.1 x 17.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 2.8 lbs. (1.3 Kg)
APPLICATION: The block diagram is an example of a password protected Supervisory Remote. Access can be obtained with proper authentication.
Fiber Optic SC Duplex, Multimode Switch / Converter allows the user the capability of accessing two separate fiber optic 100 Base FX ports (ports A and B) from a 100 Base TX Fast Ethernet port (Common port). The fiber optic / twisted pair copper conversion is built in! The unit is fully compliant with the 802.3u 100 Base TX/FX standard.
Ports A and B are 1300nm, SC Duplex, Multimode, 100 Base FX fiber optic ports. The COMMON port is a 100 Base TX Fast Ethernet port. The selected fiber optic port will convert and pass data to and from the 100 Base TX COMMON port.
QuickSwitch® 4185 Features:
- Access any one of two separate SC Duplex fiber optic networks from one 100Base-T Fast Ethernet line.
- High speed internal data interface conversion circuitry allows Fiber Optic-to-Copper network interconnection.
- Bit-rate and data transparent.
- All fiber ports are SC Duplex, Multimode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 1300 nm.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- The remote port accepts RS232 Serial Data commands for switch position control and monitoring.
- Secure Setup/Configuration access limited by password protection.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be locked out, remotely.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified SC duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
A front panel pushbutton changes the switch position. Switch position status is displayed on the front panel LEDs. The unit also includes an RS232 serial security enhanced Supervisory Remote Port. A terminal or computer in terminal mode connected to this port can communicate with the unit, determine its status, change the switch position as desired, and/or lockout front panel switching capability. A modem can also be connected to this port for remote access to the switch. An optional graphical user interface (GUI) software is also available for use with a computer running Windows operating system.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front-panel pushbutton. The front-panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4185 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
To view the article: "ADVANCES IN NETWORK SWITCHES", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.