Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7415 DB9 A/B Switch, with Contact Closure Remote Port, 1U Rackmount
Operating temperature based on component rating is -20°C to 70°C
Share a common network device between multiple network resources
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB9(F) connectors on rear panel labeled A, B, and COM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: Manual pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- REMOTE CONTROL PORT: (1) DB9(F) Control connector accepts contact closure signals from a remote device.
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY: (2) LED's A, B, indicate switch state and power status.
- POWER: Unit requires 12VDC, 0.5 Amps. Includes one Phoenix male connector to mate with the power port. The power supply is not included with the unit and can be ordered separately.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19" W x 1.75" H x 8" D. (48.3 X 4.4 X 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs (2 Kg).
DB9 A/B APPLICATION WITH CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE: The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the DB9 COMMON port with access to Device A and Device B connected to the DB9 A and DB9 B ports respectively. A Contact Closure Device is connected to the DB9 Remote port for remote control using contact closure signals.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB9 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Switches all 9 pins of the DB9 interface.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- The REMOTE control port accepts dry contact open/close commands for switch position control and front panel lockout. It also supplies contact closure signals indicating switch state.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Operating temperature based on component rating is -20°C to 70°C
- Unit requires 12 VDC, 0.5 Amps.
- Ideal for fallback applications.
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7415 DB9 A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote Control Port allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A and B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit.
Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED or by a set of dry contacts on the remote DB9 port.
OPTION POWER MODULE:
(Cat No 516682) UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz, wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Custom Length cables available. Quick Delivery!
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Remotely Controllable Data Network Switches are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de données, interruptor de datos, dati interruttore, Przelacznik danych, comutador de dados.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.