Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7277 Single Channel DB9 A/B Switch, with Contact Closure Remote Port, 1U Rackmount
Share a common network device between multiple network resources.
Switch to a backup network or a backup device quickly and easily.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB9(F) connectors on rear panel labeled A, B, and COM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- REMOTE CONTROL PORT: (1) DB9(F) REMOTE connector accepts contact closure signals from a remote device.
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY: (2) LED's A, B, indicate switch state and power status.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz, wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19" W x 1.75" H x 8" D. (48.3 X 4.4 X 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg).
DB9 A/B NETWORK APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the DB9 COMMON port accessing two devices connected to the DB9 "A" and "B" ports. A DB9 REMOTE CONTROL operates the switch using dry contact open/close logic, (contact control remote).
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB9 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, the unit switches based on the state of Contact Closure.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- REMOTE Contact Closure control and status provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position and lockout state as well as obtain the present position.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Ideal for fallback applications.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: On GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7277 DB9 A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote Control Port allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A and B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port. The Model 7277 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit.
Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED or by a set of dry contacts on the remote DB9 port.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7277 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.