Model 7344 Cat5e RJ45 A/B Switch with Password Serial Remote
Provides Cat5e Performance
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors are labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED’s display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 60Hz-50Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount Configuration: 19.0” W x 1.75” H x 8.” D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs. (1.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 7344 Cat5e A/B Network application with Password Protected Remote:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Network connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to Network "A" and Network "B" connected to the RJ45 "A" and RJ45 "B" ports, respectively. The DB9 Password Protected Remote accepts RS232 Serial Remote Commands that allow a user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two RJ45 devices from one COMMON device.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Certified for Cat5e Compliant.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote RS-232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Rack Mount Configuration is standard.
- For Desktop Configuration, See Model 4421, Cat. No. 304421
- Custom length RJ45 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7344 Single Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the “COMMON” port among two other devices connected to the “A” and “B” ports. Remote access can be accomplished using a DB9 RS232 connection and ASCII serial commands. The Model 7344 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.