Model 7403 4-Channel (1) Audio & (3) RJ45 Cat5e PoE, 802.3af & 802.3at Compliant A/B Switch, with RS232 Remote
- DATA CONNECTORS: (9) RJ45 female connectors; three labeled A, B and COMMON for each channel, (3) 4-Pin female Phoenix connectors labeled A,B, and COMMON..
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual Pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.15" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs (2.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7403 A/B Application with RS232 Remote Control:
The drawing illustrates 4-Channels of A/B Switching; 1 Channel for Audio; (3) Channels of RJ45 Cat5e PoE, 802.3af & 802.3at Compliant.
All channels switch from A Position to B Position, or B Position to A Position simultaneously.
The DB9 Remote Control can be used to send RS232 ASCII commands remotely to control the unit.
- Each RJ45 channel allows access to two RJ45 Cat5e networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The 4-Pin Phoenix channel allows access to two 4-Pin Phoenix devices from one 4-Pin Phoenix COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- All 4 leads of the 4-Pin block are switched.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, switch remains in last known position.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Simultaneous control of channels.
- Front panel LED's display the present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat 5e compliance.
- Certified for PoE 802.3af & 802.3at compliance.
The PathWay® Model 7403 4-Channel switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port RJ45 interface device connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports for each of the three RJ45 channels. Additionally, it allows the user the capability of sharing a single port 4-Pin Phoenix interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports. The Model 7403 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the Remote RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available!
If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our Copper Cable Assemblies Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.