Network Media Converters
Fiber Model 4179 VersaLink POF to SC Multimode Duplex Fiber Converter
Allows Connection of POF Plastic Fiber Optic Linked Terminals to SC Multimode interface equipment.
Provides Plastic Optical Fiber to Glass Optical Fiber conversion.
Ideal for Casino Networks linking Video Lottery Terminals & Video Gaming Machines.
- PLASTIC FIBER: (POF)
- Fiber Cable Type: 1 mm plastic optical filament.
- Fiber Wavelength: 660 nm (red).
- Transmission Distance: 75 m (250 ft.) (POF)
- GLASS FIBER: SC Multimode Fiber
- SC Fiber Cable: 50/125µ / 62.5/125µ multimode
- SC Fiber Wavelength: 820nm/850nm, Multimode
- SC Fiber Transmission Distance: 4.5 Km (2.8 miles) nominal.
- External Power Supply (included with Model 4179):
- 100-240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz UL Listed, RoHS, LPS. (Cat No 529954)
- Dimensions: 2.25" x 1.03" x 4.7" (58mm x 27mm x 120mm).
- Weight: 0.3 Lb. (137 grams).
PLASTIC OPTICAL FIBER (POF) TO SC MULTIMODE FIBER CONVERTER APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates Data Processing or Communication Equipment connected to the SC Multimode Duplex fiber connector of the Model 4179. The Plastic Optical Fiber Connector is linked to Video Gaming Machines via Plastic Optical Fiber cabling.
See Model 9502 Media Converter Application drawing for integration of the Model 4179 into a system.
Versalink Plastic Core Cables are available from Electro Standards.
- Converts VersaLink plastic core cable interface to SC Multimode duplex (glass) Fiber Optic Interface.
- Provides full galvanic isolation (no metallic connection) between connected devices.
- Full duplex connection between terminals network and data processing / communication equipment.
- Data transfer rate up to 1Mbps.
- Plastic Fiber connection via two standard VersaLink female connectors.
- SC Duplex fiber connections via two standard SC female connectors.
- LED Status light displays data transfer activity.
- Provided with external wall mount power supply, UL Listed, RoHS, LPS.
The Fiber Model 4179 is a very high speed ruggedized, protocol independent, SC Multimode Duplex Glass Fiber to Plastic Optical Fiber (POF) interface converter from Electro Standards Laboratories. Typical operating speeds are up to 1 Mbps. Designed to operate from -40°C to 85°C, it is a member of the Electro Standards Laboratories' rugged community fiber-to-copper and fiber to fiber media converter family.
The unit features protection circuitry on power interface. The unit's power input is protected from transients as well as over current and voltage protection. Other features include user selectable polarity, RX and TX indicator LEDs.
To view more of Electro Standards' Media Converters, click here: Interface Converters.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, CONNECTORS/ADAPTERS Webpage.
For custom network interface converters call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.