Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switches, RJ45
Model 7375 Cat5e RJ45 A/B/C Switch, Dual Remote Ports w/ Telnet and GUI
Extensive user manual covers Remote Ethernet Connection 10/100Base-T LAN Setup, Remote Telnet Session, and Remote-Control GUI Operation
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) RJ45 Cat5e female connectors labeled A, B, C and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- DUAL REMOTE CONTROL: (2) RJ45 female connectors on rear panel accept 10/100Base-T access Ethernet for remote control operation labeled Remote 1 and Remote 2.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.21" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.4 lbs. (2.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7375 Cat5e RJ45 A/B/C Switch, Dual Remote Ports with Telnet and GUI Application:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to three other devices, Device A, Device B, and Device C, connected to the RJ45 ports A, B, and C respectively. Dual Remote RJ45 ports are 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet Environment allow connection to LAN Network 1 and LAN Network 2 for Remote Control Operation via Telnet Command or Graphical User Interface. Password Protected Remote-Control and can be disabled.
- Allows quick connection of any one of three devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All 8 pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Dual Remote-Control Ports.
- Control of the switch position from two 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environments. IP Addressable!
- Remote Control Telnet command interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length Cat5e RJ45 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7375 Cat5e RJ45 A/B/C Switch with Telnet and GUI and Dual Remote Ports allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among three other devices connected to the A, B, and C ports.
Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection via Remote1 and Remote 2. The Graphical User Interface allows for Remote switch position control and monitoring as well as front panel lockout features. The Model 7375 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7375 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
10/100BASE-T LAN SETUP
The switch is configured from the factory to use DHCP to automatically get its IP address from a DHCP server on the local area network when connected to the network and powered up. Therefore, a DHCP server is needed on the local area network for the initial configuration. After that, the switch can be configured to use a static IP address. To find the IP address of a switch that it has gotten from the DHCP server, or to reconfigure the IP Address of the switch, use the Lantronix® DeviceInstaller application.
DeviceInstaller requires Microsoft’s .NET Framework version 4.0 or higher. If the .NET Framework is not already installed, it must first be installed. The .NET Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website, either as a web install, or as a standalone installation. The latest version of DeviceInstaller can be downloaded from Lantronix’s website.
Figure 1: Model 7375 GUI in a standard Web Browser
* Graphical User Interface
- Select a position:
- Select Position A, B or C via the GUI.
- Lock and unlock front panel pushbutton control via the GUI
- GUI is alerted to changes made by front panel pushbutton
- Users can change the login password and/or the switch's IP address.
- Login: Password authentication can enable or disabled.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7375 Single Channel Cat5e RJ45 A/B/C Switch System.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control the unit via the GUI, if user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button "A", "B", or "C" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Change the switch position and lockout front-panel operation using the Main Panel of the Graphical User Interface.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay “up-to-date” on the current position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside of the GUI, such as by pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: The GUI is alerted to changes in the unit status.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This is the switch you need. It has been field-proven! Reliable! It comes complete with Tech Support.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.