Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7369 Dual Channel DB9 A/B Switch with RS232, Telnet and GUI
Remote control of the switch is password protected for increased security.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB9 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON for each channel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for remote operation.
- (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.3 X 4.4 X 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.4 lbs. (2.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7369 Dual Channel DB9 A/B Switch with RS232, Telnet and GUI Application
PathWay® Model 7369 Dual Channel DB9 A/B Network Application with two Remote Control Ports: The illustration shows for each channel a COMMON network or device connected to the DB9 COMMON port accessing two other networks or devices connected to the DB9 A and B ports.
- There are two remote ports:
- DB9 Remote for RS232 Serial commands to control the switch.
- RJ45 10/100 Base-T LAN connection for Telnet commands or an easy-to-use graphical user interface that is a password protected remote.
- Password Portected Remote
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB9 interface devices from one COMMON port for each channel.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Independent control of each channel, with gang controls.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100-Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Control RS232, Telnet command interface or Graphical User Interface that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RF shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7369 Dual Channel A/B switch with RS232, Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports for each channel. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and Graphical User Interface. The unit can also be controlled via RS232 ASCII commands through the Rear Panel DB9 Remote Port. The Model 7369 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
ETHERNET REMOTE PORT, I.P. ADDRESSABLE, WITH HTTPS GUI
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7369s LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
LOGGING into the GUI
- Once logged in, the user can perform one of several actions:
- Change the switch position.
- Lockout control of the switch's front panel.
- Change the login password.
- Enable or Disable password protection.
- Re-configure the switch's IP address.
Figure 1: Logging into the GUI
- Access User Interface via standard Web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7369 Switch.
- Users can change the switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGING SWITCH POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position of a channel, click on the radio button "A" or "B" as desired for each channel. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons for each channel. See Figure 2 .
Figure 2: Change the position & lockout from the GUI.
USING GANG CONTROLS
Gang controls can be used to change the position or state of all channels simultaneously. When both channels are in the same position or state, that position or state will be selected by the gang controls. If one of the channels is in a different position or state, that respective gang control will not have either option selected. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Gang Control, change all channels simultaneously.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay “up-to-date” on the current position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside the GUI, such as by pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. The GUI will report the source of the most recent change in the bottom left of the panel. See Figure 4
Figure 4: The GUI is alerted to changes in the unit status.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This is the switch you need. It has been field-proven! Reliable! It comes complete with Tech Support.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.