SCUPS® Model 1026 Super Capacitor 12VDC Uninterruptible Power Supply, Board Unit
Provides critical power backup for remote locations.
Recognized for significant advantages over battery UPS systems.
Low Maintenance, Long Service Life, Wide Temperature Change.
The SCUPS® Model 1026 Super Capacitor Uninterruptible Power Supply is designed to provide backup DC power to a nominal 12VDC system in the event that the primary power supply is interrupted. Loss of the primary power supply is automatically detected and DC power is then supplied from the SCUPS®. Once the primary power is restored, it is routed to the load and used to recharge the super capacitor in the SCUPS®. The use of the super capacitor for energy storage provides a very low maintenance solution with extremely high cycle life and without the shelf life concerns of the typical battery backup systems. The SCUPS® is perfect for low power remote systems where primary power can be interrupted. Typical applications include remote locations with intermittent grid power or renewable energy systems such as solar powered systems. The SCUPS® is easily integrated into user equipment or can be supplied in a standalone package. For Desktop version: (See Model 1027, Cat No 301027)
- Max Power to Load:
- Max Primary Load Voltage:
- Voltage during Hold up:
- Hold Up Time:
- 14 minutes with 1A Load
- 29 minutes with 0.5A Load
- Full Recharge Time:
- 103 minutes from full discharge to full charge
- Min. Recharge Time:
- 37 minutes from full discharge (nominal times at 22°C)
- Energy Storage:
- Lithium Ion Super Capacitor
- Status Signals:
- Digital: 2-State of Charge, Primary-ON, Backup-ON
- 6.502" x 4.879" x 1.061" (includes super capacitor)
- 1.1 lb [0.5 kg] (includes super capacitor)
- Operation Manual Describes:
- Power Connector, Activating the UPS, Deactivating the UPS, UPS System Operations, Adjusting UPS Output Voltage Level, Hardware Specifications, Performance Specifications, UPS Discharge Characteristics, UPS Charge Characteristics, UPS Circuit Board Description, Digital Signal Pin Out, Digital Output Component Specifications.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Figure 1: SCUPS® Model 1026 Block Diagram Super Capacitor-based UPS unit.
- UPS integration Power Connector
Figure 2: UPS Integration Wiring Diagram
- Power Connector
- Activating the UPS
- Deactivating the UPS
- UPS System Operations
Figure 3: Super capacitor state of charge during UPS system discharge/charge cycle.
Figure 4: Voltage applied to the load during a primary voltage supply fault event.
- Adjusting UPS Output Voltage level.
- Hardware Specification
- Performance Specifications
- UPS Discharge Characteristics
Figure 5: ESL UPS Energy Discharge Operating Envelope for Current System Release.
Figure 6: UPS System Discharge time and state of discharge with 500 mA load different load voltages.
Figure 7: UPS System Discharge time and state of discharge with 1000 mA load different load voltages.
- UPS Charge Characteristics
Figure 8: Charge versus state of charge.
- UPS Circuit Board Description
- Digital Signal Pinout
- UPS Circuit Board Component Specifications.
- Important Notices
- Agreement Not to Analyze or Reverse Engineer
- SAFETY INFORMATION: Advisement to Read and Understand Lithium Ion Capacitor Operational Manual Covering Safety Issues
- Limit of Liability
All ESL products are available for export.
All data switches, fiber optic interface converters, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices of online are subject to change and verification.