Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45/48 T1 Interface
Model 7358 RJ45/48 T1 Interface A/B Switch, with Telnet and GUI Remote Control
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.19" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs. (2.0 kg)
RJ45/48 T1 INTERFACE APPLICATION WITH PASSWORD PROTECTED REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON T1 Interface device connected to the COMMON port sharing among two other T1 Interface devices connected to the A and B ports. The Password Protected Remote RJ45 port accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet for Remote Control Operation. Alternately, Remote Control of the switch can be accomplished using the Simple Point-N-Click Software over the internet, (See GUI Figures below the Model 7385 Features and description).
RJ45 vs RJ48:
RJ45 and RJ48 use the same eight-pin modular connector, differing only in the way they are wired (the pin selection/pairing). The Model 7358 switches all eight pins of the RJ45 connector, thereby accommodating any wiring scheme.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two RJ45/48 T1 Interface devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All pins of the RJ45/48 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Switch maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7358 RJ45/48 T1 Interface A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI Remote Control allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the “COMMON” port among two other devices connected to the “A” and “B” ports with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface. The Model 7358 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7358 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
UTILIZING THE USER-FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7358 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standards Web Browser
10/100BASE-T LAN SETUP
The switch is configured from the factory to use DHCP to automatically get its IP address from a DHCP server on the local area network when connected to the network and powered up. Therefore, a DHCP server is needed on the local area network for the initial configuration. After that, the switch can be configured to use a static IP address. To find the IP address of a switch that it has gotten from the DHCP server, or to reconfigure the IP Address of the switch, use the Lantronix® DeviceInstaller application.
DeviceInstaller requires Microsoft’s .NET Framework version 4.0 or higher. If the .NET Framework is not already installed, it must first be installed. The .NET Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website, either as a web install, or as a standalone installation. The latest version of DeviceInstaller can be downloaded from Lantronix’s website.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7358 Switch System.
- Users can change the switch’s IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
LOGGING into the GUI
- Once logged in, the user can perform one of several actions:
- Change the switch position
- Lockout control of the switch’s front panel
- Change the login password
- Enable or Disable password protection
- Re-configure the switch’s IP address
Figure 2: Logging into the GUI with a password.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button “A” or “B” as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the “Locked” or “Unlocked” radio buttons. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Change the position and lockout front panel operations from the GUI.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.