Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5
Model 7345 RJ45 Cat5 A/B Switch with Remote Serial Control
Ideal for Commercial-Off-The Shelf (COTS) purchase applications.
Switches all 8 pins. Allows compatibility with All RJ45 Interfaces.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 (F) Connectors labeled A, B and COM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: Pushbutton on front panel for local switch control.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel Red LED's indicate switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONNECTOR: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.1" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.6 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 (1.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 7345 RJ45 Cat5 A/B Switch with RS232 Remote Control Application:
The diagram illustrates a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to two other devices or networks connected to the RJ45 A and B ports, respectively. A DB9 Remote Port can be used to control the unit remotely via RS232 Serial Commands.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two RJ45 Cat5 interface devices from one COMMON port.•
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED’s display the present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat5 compliance.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 Cat5 cables for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7345 RJ45 Cat5 A/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows users to connect a workstation or device between two other devices or networks. The switch employs an RJ45 Cat5 connector interface on ports A, B, and Common. A front panel pushbutton allows the user to select the switch position. LED indicators on the front panel display the switch position. The Model 7345 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
The unit also has an RS232 Serial port for remote control. The Remote port allows monitoring and control of the switch unit. A terminal or a computer in terminal mode connected to this port can communicate with the unit, determine its status, change the switch position as desired, and lockout front panel switching capability.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.