Model 7339 Cat5e 10/100/1000BASE-T Full/Half-Duplex RJ45 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch with 10/100 BASE-T Remote Port and GUI
Auto-switch to backup channel B when data is lost on primary channel.
Data activity "Watch Dog" switch keeps data flowing.
Doubles the reliability of data throughput in critical network applications.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45(F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45(F) Connector on rear panel accepts 10/100-Base-T LAN Access Ethernet and Graphical User Interface (GUI) for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: "WIDE RANGE" CE and UL listed table mount power module (Cat No. 521895) 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet.Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: 19" W x 1.75" H x 10" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: 5.5 lbs. (2.49 kg)
CAT5e A/B APPLICATION: AUTO FALLBACK SWITCHING.
- Auto-switch to backup channel B when data is lost on primary channel.
- The Model 7339 switch monitors data activity on Ports A and B.
- Password Protected Remote
- (8) User-level access
- (1) Admin
- Automatic switch to secondary line when no data is detected on primary line.
- All pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Interface meets Cat5e performance.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100-Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Control Telnet command interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, configure Automatic Fallback Mode, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Remote Control actions logged by sending time stamped events to a remote SysLog server. User enters internet address of a SysLog and an NTP server to assign time stamp events.
- Enhanced password security imposing a 13-character mimimum length password forcing at least a (1) numeric character and (1) special character.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) V2.
- Front panel LEDs display switch position, the switch mode (Automatic
- Fallback or Manual) and power status.
- Certified for Cat5e compliance and supports 10/100/1000Base-T connections.
- Cables for the switch are available from stock!
The PathWay® Model 7339 CAT5E 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch with 10/100 Base-T LAN Telnet Access and GUI, allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100-Base-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface (GUI). The Model 7339 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
When in Automatic Fallback Mode the unit monitors data activity on ports A and B. If activity is lost on port A, the unit checks for data on Port B and in the presence of data, switches to position B. The Model 7339 data switch will maintain its connection to port B until data activity is detected on port A, at which time the unit will automatically return to the A position. If no data is present on either port A or on port B, the unit will stay in the A position and continue to monitor for data. The user can override Automatic Fallback Operation from the front panel or GUI interface and force the unit to operate as an A/B switch.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7339 RJ45 A/B Auto Fallback Switch System.
- Users can change the switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the internet access to control if the user Network is configured accordingly
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7339 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
LOGGING INTO REMOTE CONTROL GUI
There is no authentication enabled by default. Enable authentication by clicking the "Enable Authentication" button. From the pop-up "Please enter a new admin password and then click "Enable" Button. See Figure 1.
Figure 1: Enable Authentication.
When authentication is enabled, the GUI will prompt for the username and password to be entered before any operation can be done. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Enabled Log In prompting username and password.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change position, click the radio button for "A" or "B" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" radio buttons, respectively. See Figure 3.
CHANGING THE MODE OF THE SWITCH
To change the mode of the switch, click the radio button for "Fallback" or "Manual". While in Automatic Fallback Mode, the unit changes position based on the data. In Manual Mode, the front panel pushbutton and A/B GUI buttons are operational. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Change the switch position and lockout front panel from the GUI.
CHANGING THE FALLBACK TIMEOUT VALUE
To change the Fallback Timeout Value, select the desired value from the drop-down menu. This selection will set the unit to that time value. See Figure 4.
Figure 4: Select the Fallback Timeout Value from the drop-down menu.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 521895) CE, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.