Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switches, DB9
Model 7270 Single Channel DB9 A/B/C Switch with Serial Remote Control Port
- Increases network efficiency by facilitating sharing of peripherals!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) DB9 female connectors labeled A, B, C and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount: 19.0" x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs. (2.0 kg)
DB9 A/B/C SWITCH APPLICATION w/SERIAL REMOTE: The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the DB9 COMMON port with access to three other DB9 interface Devices connected to the "A", "B", and "C" ports, respectively. A DB9 Remote port can be used to control the switch remotely via RS232 ASCII commands.
- Quickly, easily, access three DB9 devices from one device. Control the switch both locally and remotely.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of positions.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7270 Single Channel DB9 A/B/C Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among three other devices connected to the the "A", "B", and "C" ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 7270 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locallly by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 (female) Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear if the unit.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Custom length cables are available for quick delivery!
Suggested cables for use with Model 7270 Switch:
Part Number Description
990125-005 DB9 M/F, 9-Conductor, Unshielded PVC Cable, 5 FT
990125-010 DB9 M/F, 9-Conductor, Unshielded PVC Cable, 10 FT
990126-005 DB9 M/M, 9-Conductor, Unshielded PVC Cable, 5 FT
990126-010 DB9 M/M, 9-Conductor, Unshielded PVC Cable, 10 FT
This product is offered at a discount to city, state, and municipal government purchasers via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All DB9 Switches and other ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.