Path Way Remotely Controllable Network Switch, BNC Coaxial
Model 7204 Remotely Controllable BNC Coaxial Interface 5-1 Switch with RS232 Remote
Ideal for data, GPS and test measurement coaxial networks!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (6) BNC female coaxial connectors are labeled A, B, C, D, E and COM.
- REMOTE CONTROL CONNECTOR: (1) DB9 female connector labeled REMOTE accepts ACSII RS32 Serial Data for Remote Control Operation.
- FRONT PANEL LED DISPLAY: (5) Red LED's display switch position.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.12" W x 2.50" H x 7.65" D. [20.7 x 6.4 x 19.5 cm]
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs. (0.8 kg)
PathWay® Model 7204 BNC Coaxial 5-to-1 Switch w/ RS232 Serial REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the BNC COMMON port with access to five BNC interface devices connected to the BNC ports A, B, C, D, and E. The COMMON Device connects between any one of the five devices (Devices, A, B. C, D, and E), one device at a time via pushbutton or Remote Commands. The DB9 Remote Port can be used to control the switch remotely via ASCII RS232 Serial data commands
- Allows any of five BNC ports to connect to one common port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- (6) Isolated BNC connectors on rear panel. Both center pin and shell are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ-58 and Thinnet RG-58 coaxial cables available (Male to Male).
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule.
The PathWay® Model 7204 Remotely Controllable BNC Interface 5-1 Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single BNC interface device connected to the COMMON port among 5 other devices, connected to ports A, B, C, D, and E. The Model 7204 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure. The switch may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the Remote RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Check out suggested cables for use with the Model 7204 Switch.
|Suggested cables for use with Model 7204 Switch
RG58 Coaxial Cable, 50 ohm, 6ft. (M/M)
RG58 Coaxial, 50 ohm, 10ft. (M/M)
Thinnet RG58 Coaxial Cable, 50 ohm, 6ft (M/M)
Thinnet RG58 Coaxial Cable, 50 ohm, 10ft (M/M)
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7204 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.