PathWay® Model 7208 DB15 A/B/C/D Switch with RS232 Remote
Switching exclusively controlled by remote port.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) DB15 female connectors labeled A, B, C, D, and COMMON.
- DISPLAY: (5) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop Configuration, 8.10" W x 2.37" H x 8.12" D. (20.6 x 6.1 x 20.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.0 lbs. (1.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7208 DB15 A/B/C/D Switch Application w/ Exclusive Remote Control:
The application drawing illustrates an exclusive network management connected to the DB9 Remote Control. A single DB15 interface device connected to the COMMON port shares among four other devices connected to the DB15 A, B, C, and D ports which can "ONLY" be switched remotely from the Exclusive Network Management via ASCII RS232 commands.
- Allows quick connection to any one of four devices from one COMMON device.
- The ports are transparent to all data.
- All (15) pins of the DB15 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- No front panel control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, and query serial number.
- The ASCII command set is as follows:
- "CTRL-A" created by holding down the [CTRL] and [A] key on the keyboard, changes the switch position to "A";
- "CTRL-B" changes the switch position to "B";
- "CTRL-C" changes the switch position to "C";
- "CTRL-D" changes the switch position to "D";
- "CTRL-P" queries the switch position status;
- "CTRL-N" query serial number;
- "CTRL-V" query hardware version number.
- Front panel LED's display the present position and power status.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB15 cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: On GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7208 DB15 A/B/C/D Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB15 interface device connected to the Common port among four other devices connected to the "A", "B", "C", and "D" ports. The Model 7208 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
There is no "local" or front panel switch controls on the unit. The Model 7208 can ONLY be switched remotely from the DB9 female serial interface remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
WIDE RANGE POWER OPTION AVAILABLE:
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de données, interruptor de datos, dati interruttore, Przelacznik danych, comutador de dados.