Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, BNC Coaxial
Model 7180 Dual Channel BNC 50 Ohm Online/Offline Switch with Contact Closure Remote and Position Feedback
- Ideal for switching BNC connections remotely via contact closure signaling.
- Outstanding for switching Audio.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) BNC (F) connectors labeled A and B for each Channel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure Signals for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.0"D. (1U rack height) (48.3 x 4.4 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.0 lbs. (2.3 Kg)
WIDE RANGE POWER
(Cat No 517277)OPTION AVAILABLE: CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
DUAL CHANNEL BNC 50 Ohm ONLINE/OFFLINE SWITCH APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates two devices connected in the ONLINE position and disconnected via the OFFLINE position for each channel. Both channels are switched simultaneously to be either ONLINE or in the OFFLINE position. A DB9 Remote port accepts Contact Closure Signals for Remote Control Operation.
- Simultaneously switch both channels between ONLINE and OFFLINE positions locally via front panel pushbutton, or remotely via a DB9 Remote port.
- Both the Center and Shell of the BNC interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, unit switches based on state of Contact Closure.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Contact port allows off-site monitoring and switch management.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All BNC ports are impedance matched to support 50 Ohm equipment.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length BNC cables available for your switch installation.
The Pathway® Model 7180 Dual Channel BNC Online/Offline Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of connecting two separate devices, ports A and B, via an Online or Offline connection, for each channel. The Model 7180 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained by the front panel LED display or by Remote port monitoring.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de données, interruptor de datos, dati interruttore, Przelacznik danych, comutador de dados.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.