Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9, Auto Fallback
Model 7125 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch, with Contact Closure Remote Port
Automatic fallback based on loss of data on port "A" (PRIMARY GPS)
Data activity "Watch Dog" switch keeps data flowing.
Automatically switches from PRIMARY GPS to SECONDARY GPS channel.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) DB9 female connectors labeled PRIMARY and SECONDARY, (1) DB9 male connector labeled COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Rotary switch on front panel selects PRIMARY, SECONDARY or AUTO.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position, mode, and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure switch commands for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs. (2.0 kg).
PathWay® Model 7125 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback Application w/Contact Closure Remote:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the DB9 male port with access to two devices connected to two DB9 female ports, Port "A" (PRIMARY GPS) or Port "B" (SECONDARY GPS). Port "A" (PRIMARY GPS) is monitored for data activity. Loss of data activity on Port "A" (PRIMARY GPS), unit AUTO Switches to Port "B" (SECONDARY GPS). A DB9 female REMOTE port accepts Contact Closure signaling for Remote Operation or to override AUTO operation.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB9 interface devices from one COMMON DB9 interface device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss or failure.
- Switches automatically by loss of data activity after 3 seconds that is monitored and detected on PRIMARY port pins 2 & 3.
- Auto-switch logic: If activity on PRIMARY port A, stay on PRIMARY port A; if data activity is lost from PRIMARY port A, switch to SECONDARY port B.
- Manual switching from the front panel 3-position rotary switch: PRIMARY GPS, SECONDARY GPS, and AUTO.
- PRIMARY GPS or SECONDARY GPS positions, the Remote-Control capability is disabled and cannot be activated.
- AUTO position the Remote Control can be enabled and activated by Contact Closure.
- AUTO LED blinks to indicate that the Remote Control is activated.
- REMOTE port also allows for Contact Closure feedback indicating switch position, and for remotely overriding the switching function only when the front panel rotary switch is in the AUTO position.
- Front panel LED's display present A/B position, mode of operation, and power status.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7125 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback switch with Contact Closure Remote Port allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" (PRIMARY) and "B" (SECONDARY) ports with remote control access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished through Contact Closure REMOTE port. The PathWay® Model 7125 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
When in Automatic Fallback Mode (AUTO), the unit monitors data activity on the PRIMARY port. If activity is lost, the unit switches to the SECONDARY port (B). The Model 7125 will maintain its connection to the SECONDARY port (B) until data activity is detected on the PRIMARY port (A), at which time the unit will automatically return to the "A" position. If no data is present on either the PRIMARY port (A) or on the SECONDARY port (B), the unit will stay in the "B" position and continue to monitor for data. The user can override Automatic Fallback operation from the front panel or from the Remote Port and force the unit to operate as an A/B switch.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Don't forget to order your DB9 Cables!
|Custom Length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
State cable length in Feet when ordering.
|| DB9 F/F, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
|| DB9 M/F, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
|| DB9 M/M, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7125 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.