QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC/APC Duplex, Automatic Fallback
QuickSwitch® 6323 Single Channel SC/APC Duplex A/B Switch, Automatic Fallback with Telnet and GUI
Three Switch Modes: Manual / GUI Remote Ethernet / Auto Fallback - Signal Power Threshold
QuickSwitch® 6323 Specifications:
- FIBER SIZE & WAVELENGTH: 9/125 micron, 1260 - 1620 nm.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) SC/APC Duplex connectors labeled A, B and COMMON.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) RJ45 (F) connector accepts 10/100 BASE-T LAN Ethernet that uses both TELNET commands and a GUI interface for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: (Cat. No. 521091) RoHS, UL/CE listed and LPS approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50hz-60Hz power module supplies 5VDC, 4.0A to the unit. Wide Range Power Module with IEC-320-C14 receptacle and supplied power cord.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H X 10.97" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 27.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.9 lbs. (2.3 kg)
SC/APC A/B FIBER OPTIC SWITCH, AUTOMATIC FALLBACK APPLICATION w/TELNET & GUI:
The diagram illustrates COMMON Fiber Optic Network connected to the SC/APC Duplex COM port with access to Fiber optic Network A and Fiber Optic Network B connected to SC/APC Duplex A and B ports, respectively. The Auto Fallback is based on Signal Power Threshold of Port A RX for incoming light. The RJ45 Remote port can be used to control the switch remotely via the 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port via TELNET commands or the GUI Remote.
Model 6323 QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switch Features:
- Access any one of two SC/APC Duplex Fiber Optic networks from one computer.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data
- Automatic Switching based on Signal Power Threshold of Port A RX for incoming light.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Switch maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Control of switch position from a 10/100 Base-T Ethernet environment. IP Addressable!
- Remote Control Telnet Command interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, operating mode, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, the password can be changed, as well as disabled.
- Front panel Led’s display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are SC/APC Duplex, Single Mode, 9/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1260-1620nm.
The QuickSwitch® 6323 Single Channel SC/APC Duplex A/B Switch, Automatic Fallback with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port SC/APC Duplex interface device, connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports. The QuickSwitch® 6323 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
Remote access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection with either a Telnet or GUI Session.
Auto Switch Model operation permits the switch to manage the channel connection. When signal power drops on Channel A, the unit automatically switches to backup/Channel B position.
UTILIZING THE USER-FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the QuickSwitch® 6323 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Browser
Finding the IP Address of the Switch
After installing DeviceInstaller and opening it, the software will automatically search for devices on the network. Once found, the devices will be listed in the right pane (see Figure 2). Match the MAC address on the rear of the unit to the MAC address (“Hardware Address”) shown in DeviceInstaller to correctly identify the desired unit and find the associated IP address.
Figure 2: Finding the IP address in the DeviceInstaller
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the QuickSwitch® 6323.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where password protection can be disabled.
- Users can change the switch’s IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
LOGGING into the Remote Control GUI
- Once logged in, the user can perform one of several actions:
- Select one of three switch modes.
- Change the switch position
- Lockout control of the switch’s front panel
- Obtain switch status
- Change the login password, or disable password.
- Re-configure the switch’s IP address,
Figure 3: Logging into the GUI
CHANGING POSITION, LOCK STATUS & MODE
To change the switch position, click on the radio button “A” or “B” as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the “Locked” or “Unlocked” radio buttons. To change switch mode, select one of three modes of operation.
Figure 4: Change position, select mode & lockout from the GUI
To read the article, either click the "Application Note" Icon at the top of page on the right, or click this link: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches, here: https://www.electrostandards.com/network-switch-product-lines/quickswitch/
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Online Form.
Electro Standards Laboratories also supplied Fiber Optic Cables in any length/configuration. Click here to visit the Fiber Optic Cable webpage.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification. All ESL products are available for export.