PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9, RJ45
Multi Interface Copper Network Switches
Cat5e Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45, DB9
Model 7429 5-Channel (3) DB9 / (2) RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch, with Contact Closure Remote
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- For each of Channels 1-2, (6) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- For Channels 3, 4 & 5, (9) DB9 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- REMOTE CONTROL PORTS: (4) 2-Position Terminal Strips labeled REMOTE A, REMOTE B, STATUS A and STATUS B control the unit via contact closure signals.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- POWER: (1) 2-Position Terminal Strip accepts customer supplied 24 VDC power.
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 10.56" W x 2.35" H x 8.0" D. (26.9 x 6.0 x 20.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 3.0 lbs. (1.4 kg)
5-CHANNEL MULTI-INTERFACE (DB9 & RJ45) APPLICATION w/CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The diagram illustrates five channels of A/B Switching and five 2-Position Terminal Strips.
- Channel 1 & Channel 2 are RJ45 Cat5e certified A/B Switches.
- Channels 3, 4 & 5 are DB9 A/B Switches.
- The unit can only be controlled via 2-Position Screw Terminal Strips.
- REMOTE A & REMOTE B control switch position via Contact Closure.
- STATUS A & STATUS B provide position status via Contact Closure.
- A 2-Postion Screw Terminal is for 24 VDC Power.
- Power is customer supplied.
- *All ports are located on the bottom panel.
- Each of two RJ45 Cat5e channels allows access to two RJ45 Cat5e networks or devices from one COMMON port.
- Each of three DB9 channels allows access to three DB9 networks or devices from one COMMON port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- The RJ45 Channels 1 & 2 are certified for Cat5e compliance.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 Channels are switched, Channel 1-2.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 Channels are switched, Channel 3-5.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, the unit switches based on state of the REMOTE contact closure inputs.
- Remote Control via dry contact signals using the terminal strips located on the bottom of the Model 7429.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position via two sets of dry contacts.
- No local control.
- Remote Contact Closure status provides dry contact logic to obtain the switch position via two sets of dry contacts.
- Rear panel mounting via two ear brackets.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
The PathWay® Model 7429 5-Channel (3) DB9 / (2) RJ45, Cat5e A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of accessing two seperate devices, ports A and B, via connection through a device connected to its COMMON port for each channel. The Model 7429 consists of three channels of DB9 interface switching and two channels of RJ45 interface switching. The Model 7429 is enclosed in a 1U, half rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding with rear panel ears for wall mounting.
The switch is controlled remotely from two terminal strips located on the bottom of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED or by a set of dry contacts on the two terminal strips located on the bottom panel of the unit.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Manual Data Network switches are available for export.